Don Quixote

PanzerIV

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2002
I started reading it this morning and I'm really enjoying it. I'm only on page 32 but I look forward to the rest of the book.
Anyone else pick it up and make it through (pretty long)? Thoughts and impressions are welcome. I know a couple of you can read in ATOT so enlighten me. :p

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
I saw the play back in Junior High. I don't read so much I"m not the good at it or the rightings.

PanzerIV

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2002
Originally posted by: Skoorb
I saw the play back in Junior High. I don't read so much I"m not the good at it or the rightings.

LMAO. Skoorb, I think I made out from this cryptic response that you don't like to read so you haven't ever had the desire to pick it up. Was I right? :D

Sid59

Lifer
Sep 2, 2002
you reading the english version?

i've read the spanish abridged version and then most of the original spanish story .. i stopped because i had no more time to read it.

paulney

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2003
Originally posted by: PanzerIV
I started reading it this morning and I'm really enjoying it. I'm only on page 32 but I look forward to the rest of the book.
Anyone else pick it up and make it through (pretty long)? Thoughts and impressions are welcome. I know a couple of you can read in ATOT so enlighten me. :p

The original unabridged spanish version takes 2 huge volumes. I started reading it in translation, but ran out of time to finish the second book. The whole story is very sad, but definitely a great reading. I'm thinking about rereading it again.

PanzerIV

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2002
It's the English version but it says complete and unabridged on the cover. No way I could read it in Spanish.

paulney

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2003
Originally posted by: PanzerIV
It's the English version but it says complete and unabridged on the cover. No way I could read it in Spanish.

Haha, yeah, Spanish version would be tough. I read it in Russian, since it's my primary language, and they translated it keeping the style, colloquials and the form of "old" language. So, it was a hard read even in translation. This time I'm thinking about trying an English translation - see how that goes.

MacBaine

Banned
Aug 23, 2001
They had some 72 hour reading of it at my university a few weeks ago for it's something-year anniversary... our spanish class went and sat in for a period.

They had people reading it in spanish and english for 72 hours *straight*... I can't comprehend the reasoning behind that...