Don Jr. don effed up

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Just read up on Byrne’s libel suit in Canada that he lost horribly...I’m gonna say Don Jr. meeting with Russian agents in 2015 (beyond just Butina herself) is unknowable at this point, because the source lacks credibility.

Edit: This seems to be a pattern with this Administration...you can imagine how frustrating it was for Mueller and his team to deal with these clowns. Butina’s boyfriends, Papadopalous, Paige, Stone, Credico—can never know if you’re getting the truth from these idiots.

True. Thats the point of those tweets though, get some actual investigative journalism going here, cause IF there is a story here, its a big one, so some may just go looking .... And again, if you dont go looking you for sure wont find anything.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Small wonder why Trump has from the get-go gone after our intelligence agencies and the FBI.

Well Trump has finally got Justice and the Supreme Court in his back pocket via his stooge Barr, Roberts and Kavanaugh but our IA and some of our media outlets have fortunately still been a very tough nut to crack as far as Trump is concerned.

If only the Dems can get the Senate back in 2020 and keep the House most of what Moscow Mitch has been keeping under wraps and sealed with his business deal with the Russians will hopefully be exposed and what a grand sight to see it will be.

Getting Trump out from behind the shield his presidency has given him would be the icing on the cake. He and his crime family really really need to be stood before an impartial judge that Trump and his corrupt conservative owned Supreme Court haven't co-opted yet and face the fates that awaits them.

Mar 11, 2004
I'm not getting any of this conspiracy BS. It was known that the Russians were trying to interfere with the 2016 elections, should the FBI have just sat on their hands and not do a little snooping on both parties?

What are you talking about? I have no clue where you're getting I'm claiming that part is conspiracy BS. I made it clear that Byrne is the one making the claims, and if you look, he has been spouting conspiracy stuff. He claims the deep state (his own words, you might recognize as being the grand conspiracy theory that right wingers are pushing these days) had taken over the FBI (specifically mentioned Strzok, and Comey who you might recognize as repeatedly being the targets of claims of conspiracy against Turmp by right wing conspiracy theorists) and coerced him into a relationship with the Russian woman as part of some elaborate espionage campaign against Turmp and he's claiming Clinton as well. I'm not the one saying the investigations were conspiracy, Byrne is. He seems to be taking legit stuff and then distorting it to prop up conspiracy stuff.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/23/politics/patrick-byrne-maria-butina-fbi-relationship-cnntv/index.html

It appears his claims might trigger Republicans calling for an investigation into the intelligence agencies (which is something they've been trying to make the case for some time, because they're desperately trying to claim that Turmp and all his cronies didn't do anything wrong and its all part of an elaborate attempt to take them down by "the deep state").