Dominion Sues Sidney Powell

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
They are also planning on filing suits against conservative media outlets and Trump officials. They are working on those suits still.

Reactions: OrByte and hal2kilo

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
They are also planning on filing suits against conservative media outlets and Trump officials. They are working on those suits still.

I'm guessing Dominion has an army of grey suited lawyers too and VERY deep pockets. They are going to win big... like nobody has ever seen before.
I'm looking forward to their filing of Dominion vs Donald J. Trump

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I'm guessing Dominion has an army of grey suited lawyers too and VERY deep pockets. They are going to win big... like nobody has ever seen before.
Please, even though you don't need it, open a go fund me site, just to see the unbelievable amount of money you will collect.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001

Aren't these just going to be defamation lawsuits though? Don't those require some sort of proof of malice against the aggrieved party? In other words, they would need to prove that Sidney Powell set out specifically to cause damage to Dominion rather than just spouting malarkey to help her client, Donald Trump. For example, if she said something like "I'm going to make sure no one ever uses a Dominion voting machine again", then... she's probably screwed. (I have no idea if anything like that happened.)

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
Are you kidding me? file suit against FOX NEWS! Sean Hannity!! Tucker Carlson!! the Nazi Lady (I forget her name) Alex Jones, Rush Limbaugh, the rest of the clowns that spread lies and disease to half our country.

THAT will be huge for America.

Reactions: hal2kilo

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Are you kidding me? file suit against FOX NEWS! Sean Hannity!! Tucker Carlson!! the Nazi Lady (I forget her name) Alex Jones, Rush Limbaugh, the rest of the clowns that spread lies and disease to half our country.

I would kick in a fiver for that effort.

Reactions: hal2kilo

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004

But as co-conspirators of the kingpin Trump

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Aren't these just going to be defamation lawsuits though? Don't those require some sort of proof of malice against the aggrieved party? In other words, they would need to prove that Sidney Powell set out specifically to cause damage to Dominion rather than just spouting malarkey to help her client, Donald Trump. For example, if she said something like "I'm going to make sure no one ever uses a Dominion voting machine again", then... she's probably screwed. (I have no idea if anything like that happened.)

Not exactly. The type of "malice" required in a defamation suit by a public figure is either the classic malice you describe above, or something akin to recklessness with facts. In other words, something more than mere negligence but less than proof of intent to harm.

Given that Powell and others like Lin Wood, and Trump, basically pulled these allegations out of their asses, I'm thinking there's a good chance for Dominion to prevail.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Not exactly. The type of "malice" required in a defamation suit by a public figure is either the classic malice you describe above, or something akin to recklessness with facts. In other words, something more than mere negligence but less than proof of intent to harm.

Given that Powell and others like Lin Wood, and Trump, basically pulled these allegations out of their asses, I'm thinking there's a good chance for Dominion to prevail.
It's not even about prevailing on the merits. That'd be a huge waste of money for Dominion.

It's about the Settlement. Not just the cash, but the fact that there IS a Settlement.

Reactions: Meghan54