DOJ tells schools to implement race-based punishments

Page 13 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
But the rule does have something to do with race if it was chosen over alternatives that achieve the same goal that does not affect one race more than another

Why does it matter if one race is affected more than another based on random chance.

Seems like it is people like you that cause schools to wasted $100,000s on "diversity coordinators" instead of spending the money on things like teachers.

Only if you ignore the definition of disparate impact as noted earlier in this thread.

I am not ignoring. I am saying it is stupid. If a rule affects one race more than another due to pure random chance why should anyone care?

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
I also have to say it is amusing watching liberals throw a fit that every rule, no matter how little connection it has to do with race, has to impact every race the same...

When they also claim race is invented concept. Why does it matter if rules impact people in imaginary groupings the same?

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
I also have to say it is amusing watching liberals throw a fit that every rule, no matter how little connection it has to do with race, has to impact every race the same...

When they also claim race is invented concept. Why does it matter if rules impact people in imaginary groupings the same?

You can't expect a worldview which is pretty much based on nothing more than wishful thinking and a desire to view oneself as nice to be particularly logical or consistent, or even intelligible.

I understand these people better than I care to admit. I was not just a liberal but a pretty extreme one.

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
Great video dealing with exactly what we've been talking about here, and also making a very good point about how the DOJ seems utterly unconcerned with the disparity of boys being disciplined at far higher rates than girls: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaG7HMzmYqs

Video is only 5:27 long and well worth taking the time to watch.

michal1980

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2003
Because a racial group is being disparately impacted compared to others when acceptable alternatives exist that would achieve the same goal without having a disparate impact any racial group. The extent of the definition of racism is debatable but many take the stance that racism is not just about intent but about effect as well particularly when an alternative is available that does not result in one racial group suffering more than another

according to the letter any punishment where one minority group is punished more then whites would result in the school being investigated.