DOJ sues Texas to stop racist gerrymandering. Just like GOP tried in North Carolina

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
GOP moving forward with their plot to cement apartheid in this country.

Eviscerate the Voting Rights Act and then move forward to marginalize minority rich districts. Over the last 10 years minorities account for over 90% of the population growth in Texas yet whites are gaining in representation.

Didn't see that coming. Hopefully Garland will have some luck. Republicans were stopped in court when they tried the same thing in North Carolina.

Merrick Garland Steps In To Fight Racist Texas Gerrymandering (bipartisanreport.com)

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
It was so ridiculously blatant, that if the DOJ didn't do anything, it would have been negligence. I figured this would be a no brainer to start with. Now to go after the, "We don't like the results so we will change it to what we want to" BS!

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Garland is a disaster of major proportions, in my opinion, feet glued to the floor by liberal disease. It is going to take a lot to restore any hope that I feel.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Garland is a disaster of major proportions, in my opinion, feet glued to the floor by liberal disease. It is going to take a lot to restore any hope that I feel.

Biden is naive so he nominated Merrick Garland to be AG. He truly thinks that being moderate is the way to be because he really thinks the Republican party has a soul left and can be worked with and won over. They don't. They are goners. You can't be moderate with insane radicals.

Reactions: hal2kilo

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Biden is naive so he nominated Merrick Garland to be AG. He truly thinks that being moderate is the way to be because he really thinks the Republican party has a soul left and can be worked with and won over. They don't. They are goners. You can't be moderate with insane radicals.
I don't think the liberal reluctance to act forcefully is the result, exactly, of pure naivete. I think mixed in there is fear, fear of being what you hate and therefore really are, thus fear of being hated, I think this instinct to protect from being what one finds utterly contemprable leads to the inability to protect oneself from it. I see this as just more insane ego need. Hate to say it but to fight fire with fire, is as older than the Old Testament, our whole justice system based on payback for iniquity. It is wonderful that Christianity teaches forgiveness because we need also to forgive ourselves, but in Islam the forgiveness becomes manditory only when the iniquitous repent. Sometimes that just doesn't appear without first suffering the pain of payback. It is the job of the liberal, in my opinion, to insure that revenge isn't abused, not that a tool of survival isn't ever used.