DOJ reverses decision on Roger Stone tough prison sentence after Trump anger tweets

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
Looks Corrupt? I believe we are beyond that.
I left out more. It was already corrupt now it’s even more corrupt. They aren’t even trying to make it not look corrupt anymore. Before they atleast some what tried to hide their xorruption now that Trump was given a free pass be and his admin are off the rails corrupt and don’t care because they know there are no consequences. What they don’t know is they can all be investigated by the next administration if they aren’t careful. Assuming the democrats stop ducking up.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I left out more. It was already corrupt now it’s even more corrupt. They aren’t even trying to make it not look corrupt anymore. Before they atleast some what tried to hide their xorruption now that Trump was given a free pass be and his admin are off the rails corrupt and don’t care because they know there are no consequences. What they don’t know is they can all be investigated by the next administration if they aren’t careful. Assuming the democrats stop ducking up.
Haha ... what was Stones crime? Helping Trump crime his way into the white house.... Now if doesnt hold a penality to crime an election win for Trump ... what is gonna happen? 2020 is gone man... Democrats dont stand a chance.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Time to haul Barr's fat as in front of House committee ASAP. He can't claim executive privilege since Trump claimed no communication with White House over this issue.

I'm sure those 4 former AUSAs will volunteer to testify in front of the House. All open hearings. If Barr doesn't show up arrest his ass.

I hope the judge fucks them all over and goes with original sentencing memo.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Republican hypocrisy knows no bounds. For the last three years they've been perfectly fine with shit they whined about for the 8 previous years. And when a Democrat goes into office again they'll be back to whining about the exact same bullshit.

Reactions: Linux23

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
Trump must have threatened the scales of justice lady with some form of sexual assault..... :eek::p

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Hmm... no comments from our resident righties on this? I guess this is only noteworthy when a democrat does it.
They are still waiting to get the talking points about how rouge the attorneys were and the hero Barr stepped in to save the rule of law.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
This is the very same thing that caused the wall of separation between DOJ and the White House being set up after Nixon. Clearly lessons were not learned.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
and the impeachable offenses continue. Susan Collins continues to wipe the egg from her face.
Barr takes control of legal matters of interest to Trump, including Stone sentencing

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
Susan Collins continues to wipe the egg from her face.

Don't be so hard on her, who could have known that doing nothing about obvious corruption would lead to more of the same? I hear she is very concerned, and she is very disappointed that her fellow colleague are doing nothing about it. If only there was someone that was willing to do something.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Hmm... no comments from our resident righties on this? I guess this is only noteworthy when a democrat does it.

They're too busy celebrating how Trump is getting revenge on those mean nasty "swamp critters" for prosecuting his BFF that remained loyal to him as every American is supposed to do.

@ Moscow Mitch, this is your crying, whining, nagging baby throwing a hissy fit because you and he couldn't stop Stone's having to face real justice, unlike the free pass you just gave to Trump. Aren't you spoiling him enough already with your coddling and letting "it" do whatever "it" wants to do? Aren't you just so tired of changing "its" poopy diapers every hour on the hour 24/7?

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
AG Loretta Lynch allowed President Clinton to board her plane on the tarmac, and that was bad because reasons, so you know, bothsides.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
"How did she treat Crooked Hillary? Just asking!"

Oh my, what a looney maroon!

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Interesting how that judge was able to toss Stone in the slammer for doing the very same thing, right?

At which point Stone groveled appropriately & remained free on bond. It's perfectly clear that Judge Jackson won't just let Stone walk. Seven felonies? No way. OTOH, she'd really jam Stone with a light sentence because it would be harder for Trump to justify a pardon.

"Hello? Roger? This is Don. I need to ask for a big favor. You need to go to the Joint for awhile, just until after the election. Sorry. Can't fix it. If you turn rat you'll really be fucked. Buh-bye, now."

Reactions: hal2kilo

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
The judge will sentence to what she does. Trump doesn't have to justify anything he does as he can pardon without consequences. Those who were going to vote for him and those who weren't won't. The "swing voter" is another fiction.

Everything depends on Trump's mood.