DOJ reverses decision on Roger Stone tough prison sentence after Trump anger tweets

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Prosecutors were going to suggest 7-9 years. More abuse of power. DOJ is supposed to be independent of the executive when it comes to investigations, prosecuting and sentencing.

Remember when Barr was question by Kamala Harris if Trump ordered, hinted suggested or inferred investigating a private citizen? Barr completely ducked the question. Even he knows that would be trouble if he took investigation orders from the President.

Better move would have been, stick to the original sentence and force Trump to pardon. More information for the voters.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
We should all be aware that DOJ regulations created by Jeff Sessions under Trump require prosecutors to request sentences within the federal guidelines and all deviation from that has to be approved by a superior. So basically the prosecutors were doing what the administration required them to do and now DOJ senior leadership is intervening to make sure their own regulations don't apply to political allies of the president.

This is straight out central american El Presidente shit. The disintegration of the republic as we knew it is accelerating.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
The orange gas bag and his mafia attorney general have intervened.

One of the prosecutors in the case has resigned after hearing the DOJ is reversing the sentencing
recommendations.

"Soon after the Justice Department said it planned to reverse its sentencing position, one of the prosecutors
in the case, Aaron Zelinsky, filed a notice with the court that he had resigned from his position as a special
prosecutor with the U.S. attorney's office in Washington . A spokeswoman said he would remain as an
assistant U.S. attorney in Baltimore. "

Come on Dems, this is TV ad worthy for the election in Nov.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Law and order candidate...uh huh.
The TV ad just needs to be Trump saying that line at the RNC in 2016 and just cut to every single conviction and dismissal under his administration. I don't care if it's a 10 minute long commercial.

I"LL BE THE LAW AND ORDER CANDIDATE
*manafort jailed*
*flynn jailed*
*covefe boy George Popawhatshisnutsidus jailed*
*Rob Porter excused for beating his wife*
*His personal attorney Cohen jailed*
*Kiddy diddler Nader jailed*
*Scott Pruitt resigns in shame*
*Tom Price ousted for insider trading*
*Roger stone convicted*
*fucking impeached for selling out his country to meddle in his own election*

This needs to be played every hour from now until November.

Last edited:

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I knew it would be fun to have Trump Unchained. Countdown to next self impeachment...……...

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
The TV ad just needs to be Trump saying that line at the RNC in 2016 and just cut to every single conviction and dismissal under his administration. I don't care if it's a 10 minute long commercial.

*manafort jailed*
*flynn jailed*
*Kiddy diddler Nadler jailed*
*Roger stone convicted*

Make sure to play all of this on top of a photo of Trump and Epstein being all buddy-buddy.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000

*manafort jailed*
*flynn jailed*
*Kiddy diddler Nadler jailed*
*Roger stone convicted*

Trump is the law and gives the orders.

Reactions: sandorski

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Have we gone back to Barr lecturing state and local prosecutors that not sending non-white jaywalkers to the electric chair is being "soft on crime"?

Oh right the law is for poors, blacks, women, and liberals. Not white conservative heroes.

Trump thinks he can do whatever he wants and I guess he's right now...

Last edited:

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Susan Collins is spending at least 3% effort to determine if a pre-draft memo should be dictated to her deaf assistant who is asleep about how concerned she potentially could be about the administration's total disregard for not hiding the corruption if she was concerned about it at all.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
So .. I guess he will be locking up Hillary to blast his 2020 campaign off?

you guys are so fucked ... and by extension the rest of us.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Currently 3 of the federal prosecutors in the case have withdrawn after the DOJ reversal and 2 of them resigned.

"Soon after the revised recommendation was made, three prosecutors who worked on the case, Aaron S.J. Zelinsky, Jonathan Kravis and Adam Jed, a motion to withdraw from the case. Zelinsky and Kravis both resigned from the DC US attorney's office."

So depressing. :(

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Currently 3 of the federal prosecutors in the case have withdrawn after the DOJ reversal and 2 of them resigned.

"Soon after the revised recommendation was made, three prosecutors who worked on the case, Aaron S.J. Zelinsky, Jonathan Kravis and Adam Jed, a motion to withdraw from the case. Zelinsky and Kravis both resigned from the DC US attorney's office."

So depressing. :(

Twitter says a fourth one has withdrawn. Uh...that's apparently all of them.

I don't think this has happened ever in US history.

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
Trump is going to blast the judge when she follows the federal sentencing guidelines the prosecutors were following but the DOJ wants to not follow in this case.

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
That's called winning...now they can put a bunch of yes men/women in those positions, exactly as they want to do.

They could have fired then long ago... now the DOJ just looks even more corrupt wanting to play favors for Trump friends.