DOJ report on Minneapolis Police Department post George Floyd is completed. Results will surprise only a few here.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

akugami

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2005
Denial of facts that conflict with a person's self defined sense of moral superiority over others of a different ideological bent is more typical of conservatives than liberals, but liberals are not immune to it, especially ones with an authoritarian bent because that is at root what causes authoritarianism in the first place, fear, and that fear is the fear of being inferior, morally, culturally, ideologically, you name it; and the reason that fear is there in the first place is because, deeply repressed and mightily armored against conscious awareness, that inferiority is what we really feel. The result, of course, is that we seek others to blame, somebody to pay back, someone we can do to what was done to us, a home, an outlet, for the monster we hide within and will not face.

I have no problem with your facts, conservative rationalization skills are profoundly dangerous but the way you react to those facts makes me question your emotional objectivity. The information I provided you about their moral concerns, that they have more of them than liberals, that they are more likely to act self righteously than liberals were all drawn from peer reviewed science. How you feel and how bluntly you wish to speak of it are of no consequence to what is and what is not.

What I hear in your posts, the first and now this one, is the desire to set yourself up as authoritatively entitled to blame. I hear anger and rage at conservatives generally for having the very qualities you are expressing against them, that your issue is that you hate the conservative within you and want to keep it at arm's length. Why the anger? Why the need to blame? Why the moral superiority?

All of this happens because we are not awake, we do not know what we feel. Your desire to blame, all desire to blame, to point out the evil in others and their need to blame you is all a product of not knowing what we feel. This is how it is. There is nobody to blame. There is a cause for all this and that is it. This endless circular blame is the wheel of Karma. Tears in the rain.

You are now trying to change the nature of your argument from what you wrote before. And you're now using the "both sides" view in trying to defend what you wrote.

You're painting me as someone who is overly emotional. Am I worked up a bit? Probably. But it's only because conservatives have been such lying assholes for so long that I don't have the patience to be polite in calling out conservative bullshit. There is no lost rational on my part as you are insinuating.

You are wrong in that I am looking to blame others for all evils. You are wrong on that point. I only blame people that deserve blame. Conservatives deserve blame. Hardcore right wing conservatives have proven themselves to be evil. That's not me with some sort of agenda. That's just fact. And when you don't call out evil, you allow evil to perpetuate.

I called out your conservative false narrative. You have said zero to dispute what I wrote, other than to make insinuations about my mental makeup and character and to "both sides" the argument. So unless you can add something more substantial in response, I have said all I wanted to say. I'm not going to go circle back and forth with you changing the narrative.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
You're overanalyzing it. Conservatives value the law only insofar as it can be used an instrument to maintain order. And order, in the conservative mind, means hierarchy, with them safely on top. And hierarchy means that if an authority figure, such as law enforcement, violates the law and mistreats a person of lower status, then the authority figure must have been justified in that action. And that we, being lower class persons ourselves because we're not conservatives, need the STFU about it for our own good and safety.
This is Felix's argument in a nutshell.
To your content. Conservatives value respect for authority as a result of the fact that valuing it leads to survival of the species, The wise pass on information to the uninformed making them more survival fit. This instinct can be abused my cunning and manipulation. Conservatives will more likely fall prey to it than liberals. You are describing the results of that manipulation based of fear of social rejection and excommunication from the pack. We are social animals who can't survive alone.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
You are now trying to change the nature of your argument from what you wrote before. And you're now using the "both sides" view in trying to defend what you wrote.
You misunderstood what I wroteand I tried to clarify what I said based on what you expressed. What I was trying to do was to change the nature of your misunderstanding as I saw it. As this requires work on my part to try to explain, if you wish to see it as me changing the nature of the argument, I won't bother. I don't care if you understand or not. My job is to do the best I can to be as clear as I can. I go on the assumption that you deserve the effort.
You're painting me as someone who is overly emotional. Am I worked up a bit? Probably. But it's only because conservatives have been such lying assholes for so long that I don't have the patience to be polite in calling out conservative bullshit. There is no lost rational on my part as you are insinuating.
Yes and so what. The problem is that you thing getting worked up is a defect you have and that I am trying to get one up on you because, for some reason, I don't myself have that issue. And it isn't because conservatives are this and that but because you would despise anything about you that would make you like them. But we are all the same. its just that conservatives, because of the greater number of moral concersn are more vulnerable than others.
You are wrong in that I am looking to blame others for all evils. You are wrong on that point. I only blame people that deserve blame. Conservatives deserve blame. Hardcore right wing conservatives have proven themselves to be evil. That's not me with some sort of agenda. That's just fact. And when you don't call out evil, you allow evil to perpetuate.
You just called them lying assholes. That is a statement full of blame. I am all for calling out the fact that evil does not exist. Evil is really the belief that evil is real. Once we learn language we can name. Names create duality. Opposites resolve at a higher level of understanding, one that most people have not had. Unenlightened conservatives believe that liberals are the devil. :) The imaginary world they inhabit is a delusion.
I called out your conservative false narrative. You have said zero to dispute what I wrote, other than to make insinuations about my mental makeup and character and to "both sides" the argument. So unless you can add something more substantial in response, I have said all I wanted to say. I'm not going to go circle back and forth with you changing the narrative.
I addressed at the beginning of this post. I try to provide information. Do with it as you will. Need a nap.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Again, who is defending racist cops? YOU are the one assuming here. Calling ALL cops racist is akin to calling all teachers pedophiles because at least one is arrested daily in America for sex offenses.

News alert - the majority of cops are good and will risk their lives to protect you. Thank one today.
Failing to acknowledge the contents of the report while at the same time making excuses for the cops because

excuse #1
excuse #1
excuse #3
etc

At no time did you address the contents of the report. That's why I'm saying you are defending racist cops.