Doing your own physical therapy/massage is sometimes the only answer.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Well, I finally got myself the QL Claw. https://backmusclesolutions.com/products/ql-claw

For 70 bucks, it's well worth it and does the work most massage therapists gloss over, which is loosening up the muscle from hell called the quadratus lumborum. Manual use of fists, fingers, thumbs is still need but this tool saves a lot of labor and pain in the hands.
I believe nothing has helped my lower back pain more than the 10 miles/day street skating (at maximum effort, which is nuanced by my condition on the particular day). I've had almost no problems with lower back pain for 2+ years.

Reactions: igor_kavinski

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
I believe nothing has helped my lower back pain more than the 10 miles/day street skating (at maximum effort, which is nuanced by my condition on the particular day). I've had almost no problems with lower back pain for 2+ years.
I've gotten real good at id'ing my own muscles. The most recent pest being my left pec area.

I find that a little exercise is good for baring out the sore sports. If i want to deal with my forearms, I do some push-ups to be able to feel the "ache" so I can then apply thumb and finger pressure.

Things add up over time. I fell on my ankle the wrong way in high school and that added up over time. I walked a half mile to more while being a student, but never did any "restoration" work, so my muscles got tighter and tighter over time. I only discovered massage therapy due to a car accident but the superficial Swedish stuff is mostly a waste of money.

Muscle tightness is usually "painless" but the your feel more dull and range of motion is decreased. But there's plenty of pain when pressure is applied to the trigger points and the muscles "vibrate" to loosen themselves.

Jul 27, 2020
Muscle tightness is usually "painless" but the your feel more dull and range of motion is decreased. But there's plenty of pain when pressure is applied to the trigger points and the muscles "vibrate" to loosen themselves.
Why not get a license and help people?