Doh...no job for me

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Looks like I remain unemployed. I had an interview for a co-op job on Friday, it went really well I thought, the guy that did most of the interviewing said he liked me and put me ahead of the other candidates, but that the decision was ultimately up to his boss, which I also thought went fairly well(althought not as well as with the first guy). They said they'd contact me either friday afternoon or monday with a response, today I got an email(a response to my original one) saying that the position has been filled....seemingly the generic response they are sending to everyone that applied that they aren't giving interviews to. D'oH.

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Originally posted by: Shelly21
Sucks to be you. sorry.

Well, considering my financial aid is covering my room/board, I'm basically living free right now, so its not like it REALLY sucks to be me.

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Originally posted by: DurocShark
Maybe it was an automated thing because they're giving YOU the job? ;)

I actually did consider that, cuz my one friend who applied late and didn't get an interview got the same thing at the same time. I'm gonna give him a call later this afternoon and ask if they've had a chance to make a decision...if he says he sent an email I'll say I didn't check it yet.

Apathetic

Platinum Member
Dec 23, 2002
Ouch. I was hoping you'd get that job at Sunguard. At a place like that, there is always tons of stuff to learn.

Dave