Dogs killing is on rampant in China

d2arcturus

Oct 18, 2004
Better dogs than people.

I hate animal activists.
Oh and in case anyone is wondering, I don't kill dogs.

imported_Truenofan

Golden Member
May 6, 2005
ok wow, i can tell this is gonna get mis-interpreted.
the reason they're killing dogs that roam the streets, is because rabies(i believe it was) is spreading rapidly in china, they're also demanding that every household that has more than one dog, must get rid of every other dog in that house. and if they dont, i believe they face high fines, or they leave the country.

91TTZ

Lifer
Jan 31, 2005
Originally posted by: d2arcturus
Better dogs than people.

I hate animal activists.

I think if anything, China has a human population problem. Imagine how much pollution they produce.

d2arcturus

Oct 18, 2004
Originally posted by: 91TTZ
Originally posted by: d2arcturus
Better dogs than people.

I hate animal activists.

I think if anything, China has a human population problem. Imagine how much pollution they produce.

Pfft, probably not as much cows. They're ruining the earth. Scott Adams said so. Besides, I wouldn't be surprised if the US pollutes twice as much as all of China.

Edit: Damn mouse drag cut/paste foolishness.

j00fek

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2005
Originally posted by: Truenofan
the reason they're killing dogs that roam the streets, is because rabies(i believe it was) is spreading rapidly in china, they're also demanding that every household that has more than one dog, must get rid of every other dog in that house. and if they dont, i believe they face high fines, or they leave the country.

:thumbsup:

fire400

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2005
Originally posted by: Truenofan

come to America? and own a gazillion more dogs than they've dreamt of.

some people in the states spend more money on their pets than their own children! j/k
-but I'm sure it has to be true somewhere

anyway, rabies is a hard thing to get rid of. something that needs a lot of public attention.

Azraele

Elite Member
Nov 5, 2000
That's horrible. :(

The pic of the scared mom dog with her puppies in the background is particularly heart-breaking. :(:(

Mucho

Oct 20, 2001
"Rottweiler and Doberman are sent straight to zoos as a feast for the lions and tigers."

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
I under they have a problem with rabies and an overpopulation of wild dogs, but this last part kinda irks me.

"The teams slightly lower their sail as the news circulated. They start urging the owners to get rabies jab for their dogs. The Teams rip off the owners by charging RMB100 per jab, while the market price is only RMB30. Some Teams even take the opportunity to seize and take possession of quality pedigree dogs. They might charge the owners a fortune to redeem the dogs."

There are words for this, blackmail, extortion, price gouging, etc

I Saw OJ

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2004
Originally posted by: Number1
How would we handle this problem in america?

The stray dogs and cats would probably be euthanized. However we wouldnt be bashing their heads in with bricks and clubs and leaving big piles of dogs on the corner.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001

We kill thousands of perfectly healthy dogs everyday on one hand while on the other folks pay breeders ridiculously high prices for the "purebred" freak de jour.

DaShen

Lifer
Dec 1, 2000
WOW... just WOW

*EDIT*

I don't mind the killing as much as I mind the fact that they do it so inhumanely. Why can't they just spear the animals, or train the people to spear the animal in the neck instead of clubbing them to death. That is just wrong.

Aug 23, 2000

1st we would have to form a comity. Then we would debate it as more people were infected with rabies. Hippies and pacifists would "peacefully" protest by burning down stuff and smashing windows and cars. We would then give up on the idea because animals seem to be more important to some people than their fellow human beings.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Originally posted by: JeffreyLebowski

1st we would have to form a comity. Then we would debate it as more people were infected with rabies. Hippies and pacifists would "peacefully" protest by burning down stuff and smashing windows and cars. We would then give up on the idea because animals seem to be more important to some people than their fellow human beings.

Some animals are more important to me than my fellow human beings. As to the rest of your rant, more things of value are destroyed everyday in the name of profit than have ever been detroyed by protesters of any kind.

DaShen

Lifer
Dec 1, 2000

Basically... ;)

But there has to be a more humane approach to doing it.

Slaughter the dogs in a a way that is quick, instead of bludgeoning them.

Aug 23, 2000
Originally posted by: DaShen

Basically... ;)

But there has to be a more humane approach to doing it.

Slaughter the dogs in a a way that is quick, instead of bludgeoning them.

But that makes the meat more tender.

TravisT

Golden Member
Sep 6, 2002
Originally posted by: ironwing

Some animals are more important to me than my fellow human beings. As to the rest of your rant, more things of value are destroyed everyday in the name of profit than have ever been detroyed by protesters of any kind.

awww, thats cute. After this, we all need to find a tree and give it a hug. :)