Dog who mauled a kid, forced to be defanged, neuter and thrown in jail to serve life

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
This is what they are spending money on. Pretty crazy if you think about it.

Oldgamer

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
I mean this is so stupid. They plan on taking all the teeth out, which means it will need proper care, but even so a breed like that without teeth can still break a persons arm with the force of its gums and jaws. The dog is going to be forced to sit in a jail isolated, with no real interaction, and only taken out as needed. I damn guarantee you that the jailers won't want to deal with this dog and it will most likely end up being abused. It will get meaner if it is isolated too. Dogs can't understand what they do wrong, they don't make the connection to the act and punishment that is why they have to be properly trained. I just think it is cruel to do this, and the dog needs to be humanely put down. I think the owner should be fined hefty, like thousands of thousands of dollars and be forced to pay the medical bills of that kid.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
Let this be a lesson to future dogs.

With jails, you have jailbreaks. I have a feeling that this dog will get stolen eventually.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
I don't have a problem with the dog being neutered and cared for by inmates. The defanging on the other hand seem real real weird.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Owner of dog who mauled a kid, forced to be defanged, neuter and thrown in jail to serve life

Here's how it should read. Seriously, people who own dogs involved in maulings need to spend time in jail.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
Meh, I don't see what the big deal is. In fact, I've done the exact same thing (minus jail) to a llama. It was either that - eliminate the canines to greatly reduce the amount of damage he could do, and hope that less testosterone would also help his behavior - or a bullet to his head. He's doing great now.

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
Meh, I don't see what the big deal is. In fact, I've done the exact same thing (minus jail) to a llama. It was either that - eliminate the canines to greatly reduce the amount of damage he could do, and hope that less testosterone would also help his behavior - or a bullet to his head. He's doing great now.

This. Don't see the issue. The dog will be treated well.

Moe Zart

Apr 5, 2014
Did it occur to you maybe the owner of the dog resisted letting them kill him?

If I were the dog's owner and someone came and told me they want to kill him, Mr. AK-47 would have a word with them.

Oldgamer

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013

If I were the dog's owner and someone came and told me they want to kill him, Mr. AK-47 would have a word with them.

Did you read the article, the owner wanted to have the dog put down. It was a bunch of idiot animal rights activists who protested and then Sherriff idiot "Arepiehole" decided to this.

Oldgamer

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013

Oh I see the logic there, because you have had no more problems the animal is happy right? lol

JimKiler

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2002

This is not a long story but it clearly states the dog owner wanted the dog put down but crazy dog owners paid for a lawyer and thus the dog is sent to prison. The headline is crazy but this dog could be doing good but helping inmates.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
So I am just going to try and follow the logic here:

Apparently the argument is for execution instead of life imprisonment...

:hmm:

Moe Zart

Apr 5, 2014
The owner wanted to have the dog put down.
Well that's just sick. The dog was probably only attacking the kid cause he thought he was defending his master. The dog is the only friend that will lick the hand that stops feeding it, how people treat their dogs like disposable property is disgusting.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
Well if the dog is locked up does he have access to food and water or will be only be fed when the inmates are fed and taken out? If he won't have a water bowl or food in his cage well that could piss him off.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
So I am just going to try and follow the logic here:

Apparently the argument is for execution instead of life imprisonment...

:hmm:

Execution is fine if it's a fetus or dog, it's only when it's a convicted felon that it becomes an issue.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Does it trouble you that 4% of all people on death row are innocent, or are you cool with executing them anyway?

The good thing about being innocent on death row instead of life, is a lot more people/foundations are willing to fight for you. Of course, I don't think any innocent should get the death penalty, but I also don't want them to spend life in prison.

Last edited:

JimKiler

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2002
Does it trouble you that 4% of all people on death row are innocent, or are you cool with executing them anyway?

That seems low, remember how many Illinois death row inmates were proven innocent until they got rid of the death penalty?

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
The owner should do jail time/fined. The life sentence of the dog is very odd, for a one-off event I don't see any problem with it, as long as he is cared for properly. I don't think it would be a sustainable solution to all mauling.

Plus, everyday there are hundreds of good, loving pets put down across the country simply because no one wants them. If we want to provide dogs to inmates, get them from the local shelter. Save the dogs that got put on death row simply because the wrong family bought them or an ignorant family didn't spay/neuter the dog's parents.

If they wanted to try to adopt the dog off to a family willing to train/rehabilitate the dog, and they take on the responsibility I'd be fine with that too. Some dogs are beyond rehab, though, even the ASPCA had to put down one of Mike Vick's dogs, with some of the best animal behaviorist in the country helping them out.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
The owner should do jail time/fined. The life sentence of the dog is very odd, for a one-off event I don't see any problem with it, as long as he is cared for properly. I don't think it would be a sustainable solution to all mauling.

This. When a dog does this, it is entirely, 100% the owner's fault. Dogs, especially the larger, strong breeds, can be dangerous when not properly raised. While, I am not entirely against them using an alternative to putting the dog down, why wouldn't they just scoop up some local shelter dogs? They are going to be put down and most aren't even violent, just abandoned.

Owners need to start being responsible for this kind of stuff. Sadly, I don't think that will help because most people aren't smart enough to raise a dog, let alone a child.