Dog Chapman might be off the hook...

Jun 27, 2005
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,291851,00.html

I guess the Mexican DA can appeal but otherwise it looks like he's walked on this. Good. The good guys win and the bad guy is in jail for the next 120 years.

All criminal charges may have been dropped in Mexico against TV bounty hunter Duane "Dog" Chapman, his son and another member of his crew for capturing a convicted American rapist on the lam four years ago, TMZ reported Thursday.

A Mexican federal court had charged Chapman, 53, and the others with deprivation of liberty for seizing Andrew Luster, an heir to the Max Factor cosmetics fortune, in June 2003 in Puerto Vallarta.

Chapman was awaiting a possible extradition to Mexico and a criminal trial there. He faced four years in a Mexican jail if convicted.

*snip*

A&E gave TMZ the following statement: "Earlier this week the First Criminal Court in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, dismissed all charges against Dog, Tim and Leland Chapman due to the expiration of the statute of limitations on the criminal counts pending against them. The order effectively cancelled all pending charges. The ruling is, however, subject to appeal by the prosecution in Puerto Vallarta."

That appeal must be filed by Aug. 8, according to the A&E statement.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Originally posted by: sygyzy
We can all breathe a sigh of relief. Now off to watch some NASCAR!

boooggiittyy boooggiittyy boooggiittyy

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
yeap that is good news. he shouldnt have been arrested in the first place.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: miketheidiot
its too bad the didn't just kill him.

thats idiotic.

while the guy may not be a outstanding person he is not someone who deserves killing.

he does something good. takes people off the street who should be off. sure he had his problems but he paid for them.

He got a rapist who was able to escape justice because he was wealthy. thats a good thing.

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004
Originally posted by: waggy

thats idiotic.

while the guy may not be a outstanding person he is not someone who deserves killing.

he does something good. takes people off the street who should be off. sure he had his problems but he paid for them.

He got a rapist who was able to escape justice because he was wealthy. thats a good thing.

I think Dog Chapman has a negative benefit for society.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000

thats idiotic.

how so? he goes after people that need to be picked up.

sure he is overblown and a idiot. but he does more good then most people do on TV.

while he is not a outstanding member of society that is no reason to wish him killed.

thepd7

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2005

thats idiotic.

I think he was saying Dog should have killed the rapist. If he wasn't then I agree with you that's idiotic.

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001

thats idiotic.

care to back that up?

KK

Lifer
Jan 2, 2001
Originally posted by: moshquerade

thats idiotic.

care to back that up?

Come on now, he's mike the idiot. You don't have to turn into moshtheidiot. :p

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Originally posted by: KK
Originally posted by: moshquerade

thats idiotic.

care to back that up?

Come on now, he's mike the idiot. You don't have to turn into moshtheidiot. :p
:shifty eyes:

Jules

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

thats idiotic.

Even though i don't care for the show or the people i have to agree.