Dog blown away by Alabama tornado crawls home on 2 broken legs 2 weeks later

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
shit, my cat would have made it home in half that time... Mind you it wouldnt have broken its legs because cats always land on their feet perfectly.

unless you tape two cats together back to back

When cats fall they use their tails like a propeller to slow the fall.

Also cats are able to right themselves since their backbone is very flexible and they can use the core muscles to right themselves.

Jun 19, 2004
If a tornado ever comes here, and if I have the time, I'm strapping glider wings to my dog so that he can at least glide down to a safe landing. Of course I'd hold onto him as tightly as possible, but just in case we get seperated, then he'd have a backup plan.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
cat would have just run away and found some other stupid sap to beg for food and pretend to care about.

this dog is awesome.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Not so sure that sucks for him, maybe he will get a family that cares enough to not lock him in a garage. Any tornado that manages to pick up my dogs or cats will probably pick me up off the sofa as well.

I kinda thought the same thing. Why was he locked in the garage when a tornado was coming? If my dog gets thrown by a tornado, it's because he got ripped out of my arms as we were flying through the air together.

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
I kinda thought the same thing. Why was he locked in the garage when a tornado was coming? If my dog gets thrown by a tornado, it's because he got ripped out of my arms as we were flying through the air together.
A lot of people keep their animals outside...where animals belong.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000

homeowners could have been at work and left the dog in the back during the day.

SlickSnake

Diamond Member
May 29, 2007
zinfamous would have just run away and found some other stupid sap to beg for food and pretend to care about.

the cat is awesome.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Damn story must have raised the pollen count in the air. Got...something in my eye....

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
zinfamous would have just run away and found some other stupid sap to beg for food and pretend to care about.

damn straight. I know I'm not capable of the same kind of love and loyalty that a dog can offer.

and I can admit it.

:D

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Awww, sweet thing. Dogs so rock.

I hope someone who hears he will be staying at a shelter can be foster parents for him and take him into their home. :(
Hopefully he gets a lot of TLC at the shelter.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
A lot of people keep their animals outside...where animals belong.

lol my wife used to be like that (neat freak) now she doesn't even mind if dog jump in bed with us. She still makes me wash them ever week though.