Dog bit a stranger during it's daily walk

Anonemous

Diamond Member
May 19, 2003
So my mom was walking her little dog when an old man passing by commented on the how cute it was and approached to pet it. The dog did not like this and it bit him. There was no blood drawn from what my mom could tell but the old man kept rubbing the area until a bruise started to develop. He called over his daughter and took down my mom's info since they did not have any medical insurance. The dog had all of its shots and everything.

Hopefully they won't make a big deal out of it but I was wondering if they did is there an insurance that covers this type of liability?

Anonemous

Diamond Member
May 19, 2003
Homeowners

Old dude took a risk and lost. Sorry that he got bit, but you can't assume strange pets are going to be friendly to you.

I know nothing about insurance for pets, but this link might help:
http://www.dogbitelaw.com/PAGES/insurance.htm#insover

Thanks that's what I thought, with the current economy the way it is I just hope these people don't make this a bigger issue then it already is. The only problem is in hind sight my mom did not have a camera on her to take a picture of the wound.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
PRobably homeowners. Why your mom has one of those little fvcking yippee hyper-aggressive dogs is beyond me. If I were you I'd run it over with a car, those things are the worst animals ever, worse than ebola.

Don't worry about the camera. Unless he bites himself later to make it look worse the wound will heal. I doubt you'll hear back.

n7

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2004
Dogs are evil.

I've been bitten randomly while biking when some crap little dog did a run-by biting & took a chunk out of my leg for no good reason whatsoever.

Eff dogs.

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
OP
How do you know the stranger takes a daily walk? If you know this, then he is not a stranger.
Everyone knows this.

Leros

Lifer
Jul 11, 2004
Dogs are evil.

I've been bitten randomly while biking when some crap little dog did a run-by biting & took a chunk out of my leg for no good reason whatsoever.

Eff dogs.

I've been chased by pit bulls twice while riding my bike. They left me alone once I got out of their territory but still scary.

Kalmah

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2003
If it didn't draw blood then the guy is fine. Is everybody in the world a whiny little bitch?

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
I've been chased by pit bulls twice while riding my bike. They left me alone once I got out of their territory but still scary.

What kind of nut leave pitbulls off a leach. Headshots next time.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
The kind who own them. Some say pitbulls are fine and not aggressive, but only assholes actually have them and assholes tend to make them aggressive!

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
The kind who own them. Some say pitbulls are fine and not aggressive, but only assholes actually have them and assholes tend to make them aggressive!

Problem with them is *if* they get aggressive they can straight up kill you and small child easy. I've known some great pitbulls harmless but they should still be classified/licenced as an exotic like a tiger IMO. That would keep the hootrats from them.

PS there are a bunch of other dogs in that category too. Rotts, corsos, Russian mountain dogs etc.

Thank god the trash havnt discovered this:

caucasian_mountain_dog.png

200lbs of killing machine

Last edited:

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
PRobably homeowners. Why your mom has one of those little fvcking yippee hyper-aggressive dogs is beyond me. If I were you I'd run it over with a car, those things are the worst animals ever, worse than ebola.

Don't worry about the camera. Unless he bites himself later to make it look worse the wound will heal. I doubt you'll hear back.

This.

I hate those fucking yippee little fucks. I went over to someone's house once years ago and her parents had a poodle of some sort...well, this little fucker was growling at me the whole night. At one point it was under the table and I%

Last edited:

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Problem with them is *if* they get aggressive they can straight up kill you and small child easy. I've known some great pitbulls harmless but they should still be classified/licenced as an exotic like a tiger IMO. That would keep the hootrats from them.
Maybe most grown-ups, but not me. I spent 18 months in hand-to-paw elite training in India a few years ago specifically training for such an eventuality. I never lost to a single dog. Not even the famed Southeast Tiger Retriever, a sick science-lab concoction of a golden retriever mixed with dna from Tiger Woods, it weighs 180 lbs and when it gets you into a submission it will rut you to death.

Anonemous

Diamond Member
May 19, 2003
This.

I hate those fucking yippee little fucks. I went over to someone's house once years ago and her parents had a poodle of some sort...well, this little fucker was growling at me the whole night. At one point it was under the table and I kicked it in the face until it backed the fuck off. I hate small dogs...they can all DIAF.

Their homeowners insurance will cover it. My wife and I own a dog and a cat and our insurance company asked us if we owned pets and if they had any history of biting.

Aggressive animals should be put down. Fuck 'em.

Well the thing is the little guy doesn't like guys, he is nice to girls especially if they are dressed nicely. :)

SlitheryDee

Lifer
Feb 2, 2005
What an idiot. I'd never EVER walk up to a strange dog and thrust part of myself within biting distance. But then again I have a deep-seated, inherent mistrust of dogs.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000

PS there are a bunch of other dogs in that category too. Rotts, corsos, Russian mountain dogs etc.

Thank god the trash havnt discovered this:

caucasian_mountain_dog.png

200lbs of killing machine
wtf is that!
I went over to someone's house once years ago and her parents had a poodle of some sort...well, this little fucker was growling at me the whole night.
Years ago a friend's sister had one of them. It jumped up onto my lap while I was at the table and proceeded to bark in my face. "It's just being protective" was the response. And of course you can't really throw a dog across the room in front of its owner. I'm glad you kicked that one, though. I hope you really hurt it.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
They kill wolves. Russians use them to protect large sheep farms.

Leros

Lifer
Jul 11, 2004

I took a really long bike ride across town, I ended up going through a somewhat poor area. I encountered many dogs including those two pitbulls. So many dogs were just wandering around unleashed.

surfsatwerk

Lifer
Mar 6, 2008
So my mom was walking her little dog when an old man passing by commented on the how cute it was and approached to pet it. The dog did not like this and it bit him. There was no blood drawn from what my mom could tell but the old man kept rubbing the area until a bruise started to develop. He called over his daughter and took down my mom's info since they did not have any medical insurance. The dog had all of its shots and everything.

Hopefully they won't make a big deal out of it but I was wondering if they did is there an insurance that covers this type of liability?

Your parents are irresponsible for owning a dog that isn't properly socialized to people, and on top of that allowing strangers to pet their unsocialized dog.

When I got my first dog I got a lecture about responsibility. Your parents need a lecture about responsibility.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004

I've had two pitbulls and they were fine. It's the owners fault 100% of the time. Pitbulls have a lot of energy and NEED daily walks to get it all out. If they don't get it all out they need a way to let it out and need to be properly trained to not bite. It's like the OP's dog with the mom. If she would have trained it properly it wouldn't have bit the stranger. Sorry you've had bad experiences with them and since they have the bad dog attitude it's the bad owners who usually get them which is why they have the rep they have. A responsible owner will properly take care of any dog they have no matter what breed it is. An irresponsible owner will not properly take care of their dog no matter what breed it is.