Doesn't it feel good kicking a computers a$$ when it comes to spyware?

KeyserSoze

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 2000
Man, it was beatiful. Almost a work of art. And wasn't just running a few programs, it was massive. Took me about three hours of scanning, safe mode, updates, checking out suspicious entries in the registry.

But have you guys ever just felt soo good after you were able to just beat the crap out of it, and win?

Or am I the only loser here that feels that way?

KeyserSoze

callmesteve

Jan 5, 2005
Haha, I love winning but when it takes me 3 hours to do it... well that's another story. If I find 500 pieces of spyware and knock it out within 45 minutes, thats pro status and something to celebrate :D

KeyserSoze

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 2000
Originally posted by: callmesteve
Haha, I love winning but when it takes me 3 hours to do it... well that's another story. If I find 500 pieces of spyware and knock it out within 45 minutes, thats pro status and something to celebrate :D

Yeah, it sucked. These kept on re-spawning after every reboot, and just taking out the registry entry wouldn't prevent it. Ugh. Then I had a hard time for a while, distinguishing between safe processes and dangerous ones.

Oh yeah, and a great site for everyone to use from now on, which I JUST found:
http://www.hijackthis.de/

(You post your hijack log file in there. If I'm the last person in the world to find it, I hate you people.)

KeyserSoze

KeyserSoze

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 2000
Originally posted by: CRXican
You are in fact the last person, hijack this is old news.

I've known about the PROGRAM for a long time. But the website lets you paste in your log, and returns a list of dangerous known entries, suspicious entries, safe entries, etc.

I've used the program many times before.

KeyserSoze

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
HiJack This is old but it Rocks. Especially when dumb people find it, run it, and start deleeting things. Then we reimage their computer and that usually doesn't make them happy.

mcvickj

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2001
Originally posted by: KeyserSoze

I've known about the PROGRAM for a long time. But the website lets you paste in your log, and returns a list of dangerous known entries, suspicious entries, safe entries, etc.

KeyserSoze

WHOA! I've used Hijackthis countless times in the past but I didn't know about the site that will read the log file and return the list. Thanks a lot of the link! :beer:

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999

KeyserSoze
Of course, returning to those Phillipino Cabin Boy sites, hosted by well meaning Russians who only aim to please, is just gonna' eff up your registry once again! ;)

KeyserSoze

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 2000
Originally posted by: Perknose

KeyserSoze
Of course, returning to those Phillipino Cabin Boy sites, hosted by well meaning Russians who only aim to please, is just gonna' eff up your registry once again! ;)

Guilty :p

It was my dad's friend's computer. If my computer ever got that bad, I'd shoot myself in the foot as punishment.

KeyserSoze