Does Tiger Woods really drive Buicks?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jadow

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2003
A Buick Century was my first car in HS. It was a decent enough ride.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: compuwiz1
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus
Only if he's an idiot. The guy is a multi-millionaire. Nobody with that much money drives a freaking Buick.

Actually, there are a lot of old people, who have lots of money, that drive Buicks.

They're missing out. Seriously.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: Jadow

Yeah, that pretty much sums up all Buick cars. It is a decent enough ride...That makes a rather dull marketing slogan though doesn't it?

It's relatively reliable...

It's extremely plain looking...

It will get you from point A to point B in numb pillowy comfort...

Yeah, that's what everyone is looking for in a car. :laugh:

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
..:music:wouldn't you really rather drive a Buick.:music:..anybody remember the commericals??

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
Originally posted by: sandorski
If I had his money, it'd be a McLaren at the McD's drive thru. That would be so sweet!

Yeah...revving the engine like there is no tomorrow
"I WANT A NUMBER THREE WITH EXTRA ICE PLEASE....

'that'll be $5......I CAN"T HEAR YOU SIR..'

"WHAT, I CAN'T HEAR YOU EITHER...GO FIGURE!"

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: Goosemaster
Originally posted by: sandorski
If I had his money, it'd be a McLaren at the McD's drive thru. That would be so sweet!

Yeah...revving the engine like there is no tomorrow
"I WANT A NUMBER THREE WITH EXTRA ICE PLEASE....

'that'll be $5......I CAN"T HEAR YOU SIR..'

"WHAT, I CAN'T HEAR YOU EITHER...GO FIGURE!"

I drove a Lotus Elise through a McDonalds drive through. ;) I was picking up a cheeseburger happy meal for my son. Probably the smallest car they've ever had at their drive through.

DainBramaged

Lifer
Jun 19, 2003
Originally posted by: giantpinkbunnyhead
Man, if he drove a buick I'd cry. Those are for old fat folks, not Tiger Woods! Tiger should be driving an Aston Martin. yeah, that's more like it.

I think a Cadillac is most appropriate for him.

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus
Originally posted by: Jadow

Yeah, that pretty much sums up all Buick cars. It is a decent enough ride...That makes a rather dull marketing slogan though doesn't it?

It's relatively reliable...

It's extremely plain looking...

It will get you from point A to point B in numb pillowy comfort...

Yeah, that's what everyone is looking for in a car. :laugh:

About sums up Toyota. Slap a Toyota badge on Buicks and it will sell.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
not really, the new camry actually looks decent. toyota is known for quality, buick isn't. toyota also doesn't have quite the geezer image of buick, there are supras/hybrid prius/hybrid camry/trucks/suvs etc. so the image is varied, buick on the other hand brings up the image of an old retired person in a sedan.

and beyond dairy products, lucerne brings up and image of a great grandmother named lucerne:p

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: 0roo0roo
not really, the new camry actually looks decent. toyota is known for quality, buick isn't. toyota also doesn't have quite the geezer image of buick, there are supras/hybrid prius/hybrid camry/trucks/suvs etc. so the image is varied, buick on the other hand brings up the image of an old retired person in a sedan.

and beyond dairy products, lucerne brings up and image of a great grandmother named lucerne:p
Is this the worst post ever? I don't even like Buicks (way too bland for my driving tastes), but this is ridiculous. The new Camry is beyond fugly, Buicks are extremely reliable and well-known for their reliability (even CR recommends them), the Supra hasn't been built in years, hybrids are for the economically-challenged, and Buick is a brand of GM, which makes more and better trucks than Toyota could ever dream about.

Lucerne is a pretty stupid name for a car though. I don't quite understand why American manufacturers keep changing their model names.

chambersc

Diamond Member
Feb 11, 2005
Originally posted by: jupiter57
Originally posted by: Bootprint
Sounds like he has to drive a Buick part of the time, link

"Woods' contract with Buick does require him to drive the car to the golf course for every tournament. Buick signed Woods in 1999 hoping he could help lower the average age of a Buick owner -- 65 at the time. "

Maybe so, but I would bet his personal vehicle is a Cadillac Escalade with 22" "rims"! LOL

BECAUSE HE'S BLACK AND COLORED FOLK LIKE TO DRIVE ESCALADES WITH 22 INCH RIMS!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA.