Does this smell like chloroform to you? on Leverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
BAHAHAHA! I love Leverage!

In season 3 episode 12, Parker is holding a white cloth and says "Does this smell like chloroform to you?" and then uses it to knock out an auctioneer.

They've been using other internet memes throughout the seasons as well.

sygyzy

Lifer
Oct 21, 2000
I loved that part. And I love Parker, she's so cute. One of the writers must be a geek because there are plenty of internet memes. Heck, they even had Will Wheaton on the show as a hacker!

Crono

Lifer
Aug 8, 2001
I loved that part. And I love Parker, she's so cute. One of the writers must be a geek because there are plenty of internet memes. Heck, they even had Will Wheaton on the show as a hacker!

I always think of Rubycon when I see Parker, lol.

The show is just fun overall.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
I love shows like this that have a good mix of genres to them - comedy, action, drama, etc.

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
I always think of Rubycon when I see Parker, lol.

The show is just fun overall.

Leverage is great, I'm really happy that the move to Sunday night didn't hurt the ratings. The show is doing really well and has already been renewed for a fourth season.

fustercluck

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2002
I've heard that line many times before in other shows/movies.

Leverage is pretty entertaining though, good characters at least, writing not so hot but what're ya gonna do.

gorobei

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2007
they frequently have the characters use aliases based on comic book super heroes, sci fi writers, doctor who, etc.

The show is a lot of fun. The main problem with the writing is time constraint. Clever twists and no dumbstick characters requires a lot of time to distill out something original and not obvious. On a weekly show you dont always have the time to get the story to the fully polished stage. And since it is a dean devlin show, they tend to fall back on schmaltzy to make up for any suspension of disbelief.

that said, the pilot was really nice. Season 1 was a little rough and wasnt nearly as clever as the pilot. Season 2 got better fast, and 3 has been probably their best yet.

fustercluck

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2002
Yeah that's a good point, they do A LOT of episodes. Hour long each week and they get very few breaks. Tough on the writers, so it can end up being cheesy sometimes but that's to be expected. Overall, an entertaining show I'll definitely continue to tivo :)

Status
Not open for further replies.