Does *THIS* P4 Heatsink/Fan combo *EXIST* ?

BEIF

Jul 6, 2002
Ok.....here is what I want .....

I want a P4 heatsink / fan combo [for my 2.4 C1 SL6RZ] that meets the following criteria:-

=> QUIETER than the stock 2.4 C1 SL6RZ 2300rpm Fan/heatsink combo

=> BETTER cooling than the stock 2.4C1 SL6RZ 2300rpm Fan/heatsink combo

=> ALL or part copper heatsink

=> uses the STANDARD P4 mounting clip design - ie: I *DO NOT* want one that screws into the 4 holes of the motherboard ie: I *DO NOT* want a MCX4000 - style heatsink

So....... does such a P4 heatsink / fan combo exist ??

BEIF

SinfulWeeper

Diamond Member
Sep 2, 2000
You have a CAD design program? You can make money that way I suppose.
Otherwise to the best of my knowledge, no.

CChaos

Golden Member
Mar 4, 2003
It sure does. It's the new Zalman CNPS7000-Cu. It might me about the same noise level as the stock, but on high the fan spins at 2600rpm or so. Since it's a big larger than that stock fan it's probably quieter though. In any case, it comes with a Fan-Mate so you can turn it down to "silent" mode. Zalman claims 20db at 1500rpm. I run my at full speed and it's very quiet. As for cool, well, I compared it to my Vantec Aeroflow, a nice HSF in it's own right. It's all copper and is mounted with the default bracket using 2 aluminum bars and 2 screws. Here's some pics and temps. This is outside my case in 19 celsius ambient temps.

Aeroflow Load
Zalman Load
Head to Head Temps

Oh and it looks cool too!
Zalman Test
Guts Shot

brucehao

Feb 16, 2003
ThermalRight's SLK-900 is all copper and can mount using the stock mounting clips or directly to the mobo. Slap on a 92mm Panaflo and you've got a quieter and more effective hsf than the stock one.

THUGSROOK

Elite Member
Feb 3, 2001
id suggest using a HSF that doesnt use the stock plastic clip....

MCX4000 and Alpha PAL 4982 are awesome heatsinks even if you only use a 80mm panaflo L1A fan. (24cfm 20dba)

:)

Zap

Elite Member
Oct 13, 1999
Zalman CNPS7000-Cu
This is available as all copper or a combo copper/aluminum (I think CNPS7000-AlCu). I've read some reviews of the all copper unit and the general consensus was that it was probably the most quiet as well as among the top in cooling performance compared to all other HSFs. The fan in it is the size of a typical 92mm case fan.

snowwie

Aug 8, 2002
There was a review that compared the zalmon 7000Cu with the slk900 and a 92mm fan with similar specs to the zalmon

the zalmon won

for a very quiet hsf you cant beat the 7000Cu

BEIF

Jul 6, 2002
Re: the Zalman CNPS7000-Cu

It looks *PERFECT* for what I want - much quieter and cooler than a Standard Intel H/S ....

*EXCEPT* maybe for two things:-

=> Is it not *SO* heavy that it will eventually break the P4 plastic clips ?

it is nealry 300g *OVER* the Intel weight spec for the clips !!

=> how do I find out if it will fit a P4B 533 board ?

BEIF

Spicedaddy

Platinum Member
Apr 18, 2002
It won't break anything, but if you're concerned about weight, get the AlCu version. Performs almost as well, and complies with Intel's specs.

CChaos

Golden Member
Mar 4, 2003
There is a list on the Zalman site of boards that it won't fit. If your board isn't on it that's a good sign. Before I bought mine, I checked the boards it wouldn't fit on and compared them to a screenshot I found of my board in a review. It fit without a problem and it's very firmly in place. I'm careful when I move my case but I don't think that sucker is going anywhere. The weight was one of my main concerns before I mounted it, but now it doesn't worry me at all.

BEIF

Jul 6, 2002
Hey CChaos

=> what sort of temps are you getting with your Zalman CNPS7000-Cu ?

=> I presume you have the *all* copper unit ?

BEIF