Does this Make me Metrosexual? My MBNA Credit Card Summary came, I spent $2500 at Banana Republic last year

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Electric Amish

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: ndee
Originally posted by: Electric Amish

just spent $240 on some basketball shoes Jordan XII Retro though

I have probably only slightly exceeded that in my past 20 years of shoe purchases.
rolleye.gif

You wanna start again?

What do you mean?

ndee

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Originally posted by: ndee

I have probably only slightly exceeded that in my past 20 years of shoe purchases.
rolleye.gif

You wanna start again?

What do you mean?

We already had the argument once before. You spend money on Evercrack stuff(or whatever you spend money on for a hobby), I buy some nice shoes.

Koing

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br> Health and F
Oct 11, 2000
Originally posted by: Mill
Are you people serious? I spend at least 2k a year on clothing if not more. I just can't stand wearing sh!t that is out of style or I don't like anymore.

Dead serious.

Why do I give a crap if what I wear is "out of style"? It fits. It's still in decent condition. It gets worn.

Some of us aren't as independently wealthy as it appears that you are.

rolleye.gif

I'm with EA on this.

I do spend money on clothes and such but have never spent $2.5k at the same store!

Still I don't GIVE A RATS ASS what is IN FASHION OR OUT. I buy clothes that I LIKE and I think looks GOOD. If someone says it is not 'in' I don't care man. The stuff I buy I wear a I like it.

I spent £130 ~ $200 on a pair of trainers :D. Granted they lasted me 2 years and I still have them. BEST pair I have spent personally and I have bought another pair. I'd pay that much for comfort and quality. If they lated 5 months NO WAY I'd spend that amount on them though...

Koing

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
I still think it's better to put the money into a gym membership. Bad body + nice clothes < good body + ok clothes. And if you want to look good for a date just have 1-2 sets of nice clothes (not that I do, but you could).

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
Originally posted by: Skoorb
I still think it's better to put the money into a gym membership. Bad body + nice clothes < good body + ok clothes. And if you want to look good for a date just have 1-2 sets of nice clothes (not that I do, but you could).

As long as your clothes are relatively clean, most women aren't concerned about what you wear...so why spend extra money on the fancy ones? Leave all that fashion bull to the women.

$2500...geeze. I shop at thrift shops, retro is SO in right now. Actually, I have no idea if retro is in right now...but that sh|t is cheap!