Does this Make me Metrosexual? My MBNA Credit Card Summary came, I spent $2500 at Banana Republic last year

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Since I'd be hard pressed to find even $100 in receipts for clothing purchases for myself for the last year I'd say $2,500 at one store makes you something..though I won't speculate as to what.

sygyzy

Lifer
Oct 21, 2000
I don't think I've spent $2500 on all clothes in the last few years combined.

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
It makes you a poseur more than anything. Turn that 2500 into 25k and spend it at Saks.

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
BR has really sucked the past few seasons, so I'd say you're either a poseur or have the strangest case of brand loyalty I've ever seen. :p

Those half zip merino sweaters they've had (with the teflon coating) are really nice though, I picked up a few this fall.

zixxer

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2001
Originally posted by: Geekbabe
Since I'd be hard pressed to find even $100 in receipts for clothing purchases for myself for the last year I'd say $2,500 at one store makes you something..though I won't speculate as to what.

A girl spending $100 on clothes in a year? Wow.

Any g/f I've ever had spends at least that in a month... at least... usually $50 or so a week at minimum.

Kelvrick

Lifer
Feb 14, 2001
BR does have really nice shrits. I get the ones from Structures (Express Men) though since you can often get them for 20-30 bucks a pop instead of 55. Almost as good. That, and BR has nice jackets. Otherwise, its just overpriced. Everything is overpriced, but thats what sales and such are for.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Dacalo
Congratulations! You just overpaid for you clothes by $2250.

Heh.. given that they buy from wholesalers for something like $1-$2 per item...

pcmodem

Golden Member
Feb 6, 2001
Sounds like you are yet another trendy Asian, would expect you probably are into Abercombie too.

Keep buying, I have friends at Gap HQ in SF and San Bruno, your $2500 is helping to keep them employed.

It amuses me how trendy Asians over the last few years have been buying into clothing lines that until recently were primarily Caucasian. Usually it's the more Americanized Asians that are into BR.

I still remember when Banana Republic was new and was all "adventure" clothing, ala Indiana Jones.
-PCM

Crappopotamus

Golden Member
Oct 1, 2002
wow all one store? is that where you buy ALL your stuff?

anyways, you spend to much on clothes. jeez. how many 'premium dress shirts' do you need? dont believe in washing em?

Zugzwang152

Lifer
Oct 30, 2001
Originally posted by: pcmodem
Sounds like you are yet another trendy Asian, would expect you probably are into Abercombie too.

Keep buying, I have friends at Gap HQ in SF and San Bruno, your $2500 is helping to keep them employed.

It amuses me how trendy Asians over the last few years have been buying into clothing lines that until recently were primarily Caucasian. Usually it's the more Americanized Asians that are into BR.

I still remember when Banana Republic was new and was all "adventure" clothing, ala Indiana Jones.
-PCM

i'm asian and pacsun/old navy for life :p