does this look right for a 24/7 connection running RC5?

narzy

Elite Member
Feb 26, 2000
its been a wile so I thought I would double check,

[parameters]
id=tim@avfirst.com

[buffers]
checkpoint-filename=checkpoint.chk
frequent-threshold-checks=4

[misc]
project-priority=RC5,OGR,CSC,DES

[triggers]
restart-on-config-file-change=yes

[display]
progress-indicator=auto-sense

[rc5]
fetch-time-threshold=1
preferred-blocksize=33

[networking]
nofallback=true
autofindkeyserver=no
keyserver=proxy.teamanandtech.com

Poof

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2000
Narzy - are you running OGR? If so, you're okay (since the DES & CSC projects are complete and the references to them are ignored). If not, then you need OGR=0 in your "project-priority=" line. :)

JimMc

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
I think you can use the OGR=0 if you never want to do a stub, but if RC5 is listed first it will do RC5 unless it runs out of packets.

Sloth

Oct 21, 1999
If you plan on just running RC5 you might want to add something like..

[ogr]
fetch-workunit-threshold=1

That way it will not default to grabbing 20 or so stubbs that juust sit there for months on end.

The frequent checks will keep you from running out of work and since we will finish RC5 any day now it will automatically drop to OGR once I find the key. Keeps you from having to redo your setup so that your system does not sit idle.

S.

narzy

Elite Member
Feb 26, 2000

<< Narzy - are you running OGR? If so, you're okay (since the DES &amp; CSC projects are complete and the references to them are ignored). If not, then you need OGR=0 in your &quot;project-priority=&quot; line. :) >>

we abandoned that procedure because of confused client syndrom, basicly what is the client going to do after the project is complete, if its done right, then it will fall back to OGR. that is why I left the OGR=0 out.:)