Does this joke piss you off? Why would it? If it does you need to lighten up.

RalphKramden

Banned
Apr 8, 2003
What did the Asian couple name their black baby?

"Sum Ting Wong"

Now, is it politically incorrect?
Does it offend you?
Would it offend someone if you told it to them?

I was in a mixed group at a house playing N64. You may have seen my thread about that. Anyway, this joke was told and a girl freaked and stormed out of the house.

Do you think she overreacted?

Savarak

Platinum Member
Oct 27, 2001
lol, i'm asian and i think its funny.. I think the US is WAYYYyyy too politically correct, even to the point that it nearly infringes on the 1st amendment!

ryzmah

Feb 17, 2003
I could see why someone would be offended, as it's mocking another language. It doesn't bother me and storming out of the house seems to be an overreaction, but some people have stronger reactions than others.

amnesiac

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Every single asian individual I know would probably find it funny.

Then again, I hang out with black people who tell black jokes, self deprecating Jews, and my mom who is Japanese yet makes fun of Asian drivers all the damn time.

It all depends on how freaking uptight people are. Very few things people can say now are truly, utterly offensive. Everything else is just used as an excuse to show how far up your ass your panties are.

DaWhim

Lifer
Feb 3, 2003
I am pure chinese. hah, it's funny
I don't think it is offensive, unless you say something like "beloved patriot" or "fob" to me

Spikey217

Golden Member
May 4, 2002
I am chinese and I find absolutley nothing wrong with that joke. If I told someone would they be offended? I highly doubt it. If you insulted me directly, that would be different. She overreacted big time.

fr

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
You are making fun of people's language. Of course some will take offense to it.

RalphKramden

Banned
Apr 8, 2003
Ooops, sorry I sugarcoated it here.
The joke was told " What did the Chinese couple name their black baby?"

Mallow, that is a yes. And her friends told her to calm down but they all had to leave with her since she did.
Sucked, 3 less girls from there on.

Kaervak

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2001
Doesn't bother me. Although I am white, but you can make a bunch of Italian jokes and I won't care. Hell you can even call me a daygo and I don't care. They're just words.

DanTMWTMP

Lifer
Oct 7, 2001
Originally posted by: Savarak
lol, i'm asian and i think its funny.. I think the US is WAYYYyyy too politically correct, even to the point that it nearly infringes on the 1st amendment!

agrees :) me = asian and i'm rofl-ing @ it..ahhaha

well as for the girl overreacting...i guess she needs to lighten up a bit...ah wells

Marshallj

Platinum Member
Mar 26, 2003
I think the girl was just an over sensitive little biatch.

I don't get offended by jokes, even if they're about my descent. Some people just completely lack any sense of humor and are too uptight. I can't say that having her leave was a bad thing, because I probably would have kicked her out for being a tightwad anyway.

hawkeye81x

Golden Member
Apr 24, 2001
I don't think its that funny, but I can see why others would find it funny....

And the Asian driver myth still continues...