Does this change your opinion on forced infertility?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Forced sterilization? Why not put it in other terms, make a different offer, like "free & voluntary"?

It seems highly unlikely that the woman in question actually *wants* children- more like being pregnant & having children is a burden she'd rather avoid.

That... may be somewhat agreeable, but damn now you've got me thinking.

Cheaper to do a surgical procedure or simply hand out pills?

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Nope it confirms it.

In fact you are being to generous to the woman. She should be made property of the state and forced to work in the mines to pay for care for the 7 kids she already popped out.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
It's a tough issue. It looks to make profound sense to sterilize this woman but if we do that how are we going to not go after Republicans with their brain defects next. There may be times in the evolution of humanity when fear and irrationality may confer a survival advantage.

Perhaps the answer is to deal with the mental illness that plagues our nation so that folk don't need to escape pain with drugs or become paranoiac because of childhood trauma.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Forced sterilization... can we retro that on the mothers of some of the inborn errors of metabolism posting here?

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Forced sterilization... can we retro that on the mothers of some of the inborn errors of metabolism posting here?

So you are supporting the right of a crack whore to pop out kids and neglect and abuse them?

Thank goodness we have liberals to protect people's rights to neglect and abuse children o_O

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
And lets just be honest. If you are opposed to mandatory sterilization of women like this; you dont care about children.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
So you are supporting the right of a crack whore to pop out kids and neglect and abuse them?

Thank goodness we have liberals to protect people's rights to neglect and abuse children o_O

Your favorite argument- another strawman.

I think he was talking about you, anyway.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Your favorite argument- another strawman.

I think he was talking about you, anyway.

What strawman? If you oppose sterilizing people like the woman in the article, then you finding it acceptable for them to continue popping out crack addicted babies and neglecting them.

This is your stated position.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
What strawman? If you oppose sterilizing people like the woman in the article, then you finding it acceptable for them to continue popping out crack addicted babies and neglecting them.

This is your stated position.

See, somebody tried to reason with you but you can't see it. You will never see but rational people are really in a bind. The obvious answer to somebody like you who can't think is to do your thinking for you, but I know that will never work. You are totally hopeless. You can't Esperance shame because you have been so badly hurt by it. You can't help but condemn because you are condemned by yourself.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
See, somebody tried to reason with you but you can't see it. You will never see but rational people are really in a bind. The obvious answer to somebody like you who can't think is to do your thinking for you, but I know that will never work. You are totally hopeless. You can't Esperance shame because you have been so badly hurt by it. You can't help but condemn because you are condemned by yourself.

Right? Because clearly condemning people who you inflict crack and alcohol on their children is a sign of mental illness o_O

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
And lets just be honest. If you are opposed to mandatory sterilization of women like this; you dont care about children.

So... what part of the 8th and 14th Amendment would we 'punish' the lady under for her obvious criminal activity?

Would Skinner v Oklahoma apply?

EDIT: Or Buck v Bell?

Do you think she should be forced to abort the child if there is no provision under law which permits sterilization should she become pregnant again?

Should any of the men people be held responsible financially for the resulting cost of State funded Child care...

Do you think the RICO statute might be invoked against the dealers who supply the drugs and the folks who conspire to further the violation of Controlled Substances... (an element in RICO)

Last edited:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Right? Because clearly condemning people who you inflict crack and alcohol on their children is a sign of mental illness o_O

Obviously, but you can't see it so what difference would the truth make to you. You can't handle the fact you are mentally ill so you will stay that way and live the life of a mentally ill person. She has her drugs and you have yours. Both you and she are sick in the same way. Try to fix her if you want to see yourself and your own condition.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
Forced sterilization? Why not put it in other terms, make a different offer, like "free & voluntary"?

It seems highly unlikely that the woman in question actually *wants* children- more like being pregnant & having children is a burden she'd rather avoid.
Good point...she's not keeping them for more benefits, seemingly.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
So... what part of the 8th and 14th Amendment would we 'punish' the lady under for her obvious criminal activity?

Would Skinner v Oklahoma apply?

EDIT: Or Buck v Bell?

Do you think she should be forced to abort the child if there is no provision under law which permits sterilization should she become pregnant again?

Should any of the men people be held responsible financially for the resulting cost of State funded Child care...

Do you think the RICO statute might be invoked against the dealers who supply the drugs and the folks who conspire to further the violation of Controlled Substances... (an element in RICO)

8th Amendment
---------------------
Sterilizing some who has demonstrated they are unfit to be a parent by their actions against one(in this case 7) of their children is in no way cruel and unusual punishment. It is common sense. If you loaned your car to someone and they used it to drag race and crashed it, would you loan them your car again?

Skinner v Oklahoma
----------------------
It was found unconstitutional because it only sterilized for white collar, but not blue collar crime. Sterilizing for committing child abuse/neglect is a much narrower standard. And as I outlined above... common sense.

Buck v. Bell would if anything back up my position.

If she cannot be sterilized clearly she should be forced to abort.

I believe men should have equal opportunity as women to terminate their parental rights/responsibilities. She opted not to do so, and should therefore be held responsible for those choices (7 children).

I am completely opposed to the sale supplying of drugs. I would support Singapore like laws which instituted canings and executions for drug related crimes.

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004

Says the guy who is advocating for less children in the world.

If you don't adopt this child and give it a loving home under your roof, then it is a clear sign that you don't care about children.

Let's force abort all fetuses of poor people. Let's force all poor people to place any born children up for adoption. Because clearly that is the only way to care about children.

You come across like a teenager who just discovered the internet's "power" to boost one's greatness. Give it time, not now but you will eventually understand the errors of your ways.

Last edited:

etrigan420

Golden Member
Oct 30, 2007
Wow do we have a new ATPN retard?

Triple 7 needs to step up his game...it's just common sense.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Says the guy who is advocating for less children in the world.

If you don't adopt this child and give it a loving home under your roof, then it is a clear sign that you don't care about children.

Let's force abort all fetuses of poor people. Let's force all poor people to place any born children up for adoption. Because clearly that is the only way to care about children.

I am advocating for less starving children. Sorry for caring.

So, to be clear. You support allowing women to have crack babies? For the good of the children o_O

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004

Always nice to see yet another returning inane fallacious poster. Thank you for validating my post.