Does the internet cause arguments in your house?

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
Just curious. I was helping a guy today, and he said that he has broken furnature, because his wife is addicted to chat rooms and the like. ( they are 45-50 years old ) Even goes home for lunch to log in. Talk about addicted.

Also, can the internet cause an addiction? I know I suffered withdrawl when I was without a connection for a few days.

gopunk

Lifer
Jul 7, 2001
well, anything can cause addiction i suppose.

i'm on the computer nearly all day most days. but if i go somewhere, say camping or something, i don't get withdrawal or anything. i could live without it (if it weren't for school and work).

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Well since I'm the only one in my house, unless the GF comes over, then I would have to answer no. What? You idiot yes it does! No it doesn't! Yes it does you asshat. WTF? Screw you dumbass it does not! You moronic pathetic troll it does to! Listen you Jerboy wannabe it has never caused an argument in this house! You're blind man, BLIND!!!

I'll have to get back to you on this one.......

amnesiac

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Yes because it only seems to work half the time. Stupid management can't get the damn thing to stay up...overexpansion.

LordMaul

Lifer
Nov 16, 2000
Sometimes. But I was gone this weekend w/o any sort of connection and didn't miss it for a second.

Maleficus

Diamond Member
May 2, 2001
Originally posted by: shinerburke
Well since I'm the only one in my house, unless the GF comes over, then I would have to answer no. What? You idiot yes it does! No it doesn't! Yes it does you asshat. WTF? Screw you dumbass it does not! You moronic pathetic troll it does to! Listen you Jerboy wannabe it has never caused an argument in this house! You're blind man, BLIND!!!

I'll have to get back to you on this one.......

E for effort

clicknext

Banned
Mar 27, 2002
I've been on my comp 24/7 this summer and my dad screams at me all the time. Thank god school's starting. But curse! School's starting! AAAAH!

Danman

Lifer
Nov 9, 1999
Not really, just the regular b!tching from my mom. :p That's it, its always like that too.

neomits

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
we had a lot back before we got cable.... now we have 2 computers connected all the time so its not as bad but everynow and then 3 people want to get on at the same time

wfbberzerker

Lifer
Apr 12, 2001
arguments about the internet in my house go like this:

mom: you were looking at pr0n werent you
me: it was my bro
dad: grumble
mom: i will track you on the internet
me: *laughs*

unclebabar

Jun 16, 2002
I was helping a guy today, and he said that he has broken furnature, because his wife is addicted to chat rooms and the like.

Is the wife so fat from inactivity that she broke the chairs or did hubby get upset and pull a WWF/WWE?

Stallion

Diamond Member
May 4, 2000
Internet or computers? The internet doesn't but the on-line gaming does. :( Wife says I play a little to much.

Jhill

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2001
Yes, I always try to explain to my wife that all those chain emails are bogus but she doesn't listen and we get into a fight.

diskop

Golden Member
Jul 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Evadman
Just curious. I was helping a guy today, and he said that he has broken furnature, because his wife is addicted to chat rooms and the like. ( they are 45-50 years old ) Even goes home for lunch to log in. Talk about addicted.

Also, can the internet cause an addiction? I know I suffered withdrawl when I was without a connection for a few days.

I'm guessing this is not the only thing they have arguments about. And yes, anything can cause an addiction.

Yo Ma Ma

Lifer
Jan 21, 2000
Originally posted by: unclebabar
I was helping a guy today, and he said that he has broken furnature, because his wife is addicted to chat rooms and the like.

Is the wife so fat from inactivity that she broke the chairs or did hubby get upset and pull a WWF/WWE?
LOL

Jzero

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
When I was living with my parents by the time the "internet" came to be a big deal, I was the only one using the computer, and as long as I was able to wake up for school the next day, it was no problem if I stayed up until 2:00AM MUDding with my older brother.

I live alone now. I have no landline telephone, and I have no television, so in that regard, I may be dependent on the 'net, but I spend every weekend and many weeknights at the beach or doing "Real Life" things, so while I think some people do get addicted, I'm not.
Yet.

So far the only argument my gf and I have about the internet has been her asking "When are you going to buy me my own copy of WC3?"