Does the 2006 Honda Civic sit too low????

redgtxdi

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2004
I think the first one I saw was a hybrid and I noticed the different wheels and figured it might be sittin' lower just 'cuz of the way the "Insight" did.

But even the regular units sit a little low. I'd be talkin' about the sedans in specific. (If anything I suppose lower would make the coupes look more 'sleek'?)

Anyway........I saw one full of people today & I was lookin' for some sparks to come out the bottom. With *nobody* in 'em they look a little low to me. Full, they look like a 'creeper'. LOL!!

(In contrast to the current Corolla that looks like it's reachin' for the sky)

Ika

Lifer
Mar 22, 2006
I didn't notice anything particularly unusual regarding height. I usually notice when a car is sitting too low, but the Civic seems okay.

fbrdphreak

Lifer
Apr 17, 2004
Um, no. My gf has an 06 Coupe and her sister an 06 Sedan. It is lower than your average sedan, but not too low.

Buy a Camry old man :p

DCFife

May 24, 2001
When I bought mine last December the salesman made a point of saying "there's less distance between the tire and the wheelwell than a BMW!" as if wheelwell envy is the big thing in cars now. :confused:

amdskip

Lifer
Jan 6, 2001
My old roommate has a civic hybrid, only thing I noticed was the ugly wheels.

redgtxdi

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2004
Originally posted by: DCFife
When I bought mine last December the salesman made a point of saying "there's less distance between the tire and the wheelwell than a BMW!" as if wheelwell envy is the big thing in cars now. :confused:

That was actually kinda' my thought. I'm thinkin' that the lower ride height *and* that wheel "tuck" is to possibly start with a little more "rice"...........though I don't know how low people would wanna go on a stock sedan version. Just a couple inches & you'd have all kinds of ground clearance and wheel well problems.