Does springtime == increased sexual urges?

A friend of mine was talking to me in class today, and he said every year around March or April his sexual urges goes up at least twofold. Is there something about springtime and rebirth and all that junk that makes people desire sexual activities more? He has a long-term girlfriend, but he said that it doesn't matter - every spring he starts looking at girls in his classes (not just his girlfriend) in a 'different' way.

Thoughts? Personal experiences?

Jan 31, 2002
Yep. It's Nature's way of saying "Let's PARTY!"

Even the squirrels have that look in their eyes, like ... "YEEEEEAAAAAAAAH!"

- M4H

moomoo40moo

Golden Member
Jul 10, 2003
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire
Yep. It's Nature's way of saying "Let's PARTY!"

- M4H

HAHA

Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire
Haha, that reminds me...I saw a guy at the bus stop feeding squirrels today. I wonder if they were thinking he'd give 'em some hot human-squirrel lovin'!

shimsham

Lifer
May 9, 2002
Originally posted by: jumpr
A friend of mine was talking to me in class today, and he said every year around March or April his sexual urges goes up at least twofold. Is there something about springtime and rebirth and all that junk that makes people desire sexual activities more? He has a long-term girlfriend, but he said that it doesn't matter - every spring he starts looking at girls in his classes (not just his girlfriend) in a 'different' way.

Thoughts? Personal experiences?

i saw a clip on the news the other day about this. they attributed it to more sunlight lifting spirits, which inevitably leads to sex.

Linux23

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
maybe, perhaps because the women start losing the extra layers of winter clothing, and you start seeing boobs, and legs, and buttocks again which triggers a chemical in the male brain to get more sexually arroused!

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
When I had a serious gf, we fvcking like rabbits in the springtime....granted we did that all year, but there was a lot MORE in the spring.

Snuffaluffaguss

May 15, 2001
also, spring brings with it the short shorts and tank tops, which look alot better than heavy winter coats. - that could be the reason for his wondering eyes.

Shockwave

Banned
Sep 16, 2000
Invariably I get new car fever every spring.... I always want to go buy some fancy new purdy car.

Nevada

Aug 7, 2002
Originally posted by: Linux23
maybe, perhaps because the women start losing the extra layers of winter clothing, and you start seeing boobs, and legs, and buttocks again which triggers a chemical in the male brain to get more sexually arroused!

i agree. i used to love it at school when the weather warmed up.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Its human nature!

And lately I've been hit with a bit of Desert Fever...

(Desert Fever = into Lebanese/Persian chicks)

TommyVercetti

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2003
Originally posted by: Jigga
Its human nature!

And lately I've been hit with a bit of Desert Fever...

(Desert Fever = into Lebanese/Persian chicks)

Hmm..it's always Latin Fever up in here.