Does Rogue Spear work well in win2k?

RayEarth

Apr 15, 2000
don't bother, i played it under win2k pro & the key response is very poor, sometimes when you aim at the target to shoot him, even if you click once for a single shot, it will keep shooting until you click fire again & when you throw a grenade, you have to double click in the direction you want to throw it, many people call these problems sticky keys because when you click once it responds like you're holding the key down.

CyberTiger

Jun 14, 2000
but i can turn off stinky key in win2k right? i just installed win2k... and i really want to play Rogue Spear without having to install win98.

CyberTiger

Jun 14, 2000
strange.. rogue spear is not even running on windows 2k pro on my machine. do you know why?

RayEarth

Apr 15, 2000
Sticky keys is not an option of rogue spear, it's a problem the game has when running under win2k which makes the key response very poor, & for rogue spear to work you have to successfully install the rogue spear 2.05 patch before you can play it, also note the patch has a problem installing sometimes, better to stick with win98 if you system is going to be used for games mostly.

CyberTiger

Jun 14, 2000

i looked at the redstorm forums and people are talking about the sticky key problem as well... i guess i will install win98 just for games. :p