Does Proactiv Work?

Josh

Lifer
Mar 20, 2000
I've been seeing it on TV non-stop recently and with the 60 day money back guarentee I do want to try it out, but I want to hear from some other people other than what was said on the television. If anyone at AnandTech has used it, please speak out...

KeyserSoze

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 2000
It works. Sometimes better for some people. Definitely not a scam, but it's just one of those "Results may vary" sort of thing.

KeyserSoze

TLfromAI

Jun 22, 2002
I can attest to it. It actually makes your face feel really clean as well. I probably don't even need to use it now but why stop?

Josh

Lifer
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: TLfromAI
I can attest to it. It actually makes your face feel really clean as well. I probably don't even need to use it now but why stop?

Looks like I'll have to invest in it :D

fitzhue

Golden Member
Sep 24, 2000
I bought it about a year ago and it worked terrible for me. It made my skin extremely sensitive and it actually made it break out more. I used for a prolonged time because i know it read somewhere that one's skin may need time to adjust. Well i definitely gave it time to adjust but it just didn't work and i stopped using it. It must work for other people though, just didn't work for me.

Jeff

Josh

Lifer
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: fitzhue
I bought it about a year ago and it worked terrible for me. It made my skin extremely sensitive and it actually made it break out more. I used for a prolonged time because i know it read somewhere that one's skin may need time to adjust. Well i definitely gave it time to adjust but it just didn't work and i stopped using it. It must work for other people though, just didn't work for me.

Jeff

Interesting...I hope the general percentage outweighs what you experienced.

icecap

Jun 22, 2003
I've been using ProActiv since 2001 and even though I don't need it anymore, it's great. What do you have to lose in trying anyways?

Josh

Lifer
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: icecap
I've been using ProActiv since 2001 and even though I don't need it anymore, it's great. What do you have to lose in trying anyways?

$5.95 :p Heh, nah, nothing really - I was just making sure they aren't a scam and that they would'nt just pull some bullcrap like "Oh, sorry, we can't refund your money" etc...

Paulson

Elite Member
Feb 27, 2001
www.ifixidevices.com
I get mixed results... works somewhat but doesn't work all the time...

I dont' like the fact that you're supposed to use it before you go to bed and when you wake up... 2 times a day? It's kinda time consuming too...

Josh

Lifer
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: Paulson
I get mixed results... works somewhat but doesn't work all the time...

I dont' like the fact that you're supposed to use it before you go to bed and when you wake up... 2 times a day? It's kinda time consuming too...

Yea, but if it works perfectly when you use it that way, I'll have no problem spending that amount of time, besides it's summer. However, I can see how people who are busy with everyday life may have trouble finding time to do that.