Does pay-pal charge a fee for a claim filed against an ebay seller?

imported_K3N

Golden Member
Dec 20, 2005
Long story . I payed for this http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...me=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=013 and i've been waiting over 2 weeks for it. Seller says he shipped it 4 days after i paid for it (even though he says he ships orders with 48 hours of payment) and yet USPS http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/...9102128882300994169477 says the item left their facility two days prior to when the seller said he shipped it. I contacted the seller for the photocopy of the actual receipt of the product and he didnt respond. I also payed for shipping insurance.

My main question is does paypal charge a fee for a claim againt a seller from ebay?

Xylitol

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2005
Well he's a poweruser - chances are that he won't respond much to your messages (at least for a while)

imported_K3N

Golden Member
Dec 20, 2005
i thought $10 was for if a person does chargeback?

Originally posted by: Xylitol
Well he's a poweruser - chances are that he won't respond much to your messages (at least for a while)

well, the first two times i contacted him, he reached back to me in less than 24 hours.

Garet Jax

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2000
Originally posted by: K3N
i thought $10 was for if a person does chargeback?

Originally posted by: Xylitol

well, the first two times i contacted him, he reached back to me in less than 24 hours.

He's probably sick of you. There is very little he can do about shipping speed - once he has given it to them - he is just as much at their mercy as you.

Crono

Lifer
Aug 8, 2001
Originally posted by: K3N
well may someone please answer my question or very the 10$ fee please?

I take it back. Going by PayPal's information, there are no fees for claims processing. Since you paid for USPS insurance, you can opt to file for it or let him file for it. It's a big pain in the butt, though, nd you might have to wait a while before you get compensated. USPS certainly doesn't charge for filing a claim, though.