Does papajohns have a 30 minute rule?

brigden

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2002
Years ago we ordered a pizza and waited and waited. My dad got fed up and phoned the pizza place only to find out their driver had been hit in a car accident and seriously injured.

tweakmm

Lifer
May 28, 2001
Nobody does, or nobody with any sense does it anymore. When that was a popular advertising slogan drivers would be hauling ass around to deliver the pizzas on-time and there may have been one case or several cases, but basically pizza places got sued for supporting unsafe driving practices.

Ornery

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Friday we ordered their pizza online for about the 100th time, and were a liitle annoyed when 25 minutes came and went. That's unusual. The phone rang, and it was PapaJohn's wondering when we were going to pick our pizza up! I checked my reciept, and sure enough it said "for pickup". I have NO IDEA how that happened, but if you ordered online, you may want to check that.

BTW, they sent a driver out with our pizza, and it arrived still hot. They rock!

Zanix

Diamond Member
Feb 11, 2003
for me they usually say 45 minutes, but then they get here in a half

neonerd

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2003
Originally posted by: brigden
Years ago we ordered a pizza and waited and waited. My dad got fed up and phoned the pizza place only to find out their driver had been hit in a car accident and seriously injured.

:Q

i read "dad" as "dog" and i'm like wtf? your dog got fed up and phoned the pizza place? :p

deftron

Lifer
Nov 17, 2000
I got a free pizza card in the mail because supposedly I was "dissapointed with my last order".

However, I never called to complain or anything.

I think it was because it took a long time to deliver that last order (like an hour if I remember right)

They must have some automated quality assurance thing going on....

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Our store's standard delivery time is 45 minutes if there's no business, and an hour if we're even the slightest bit busy (our delivery area is 20+ miles wide). The store probably only has one driver working the afternoon shift, and you ordered in the middle of lunch rush, so don't ever expect to get your pizza in thirty minutes. :laugh: What time were you told to expect the pizza on the phone? Do you live far from the store? Is it raining?

As far as the free pizza coupon, if your order is clocked out for delivery in the computer system AFTER 25 minutes, you'll recieve a free large two topping pizza card from the corporate offices, reguardless if your local store is franchise or corporate owned.

Remember, when the pizza gets to your door - 90% of the time it's not the drivers fault. The store could have been having an unexpected rush, or the poor guy might just have an inept manager who can't schedule worth sh!t. If you have beef, make sure you bring it up with the manager on duty, not the driver. Remember, the delivery time you are provided on the phone is a rough estimate.

FreshPrince

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2001
finally got my pizza and wings...

I have to say, the new wings are not as good as expected....publix wings are better...

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
Originally posted by: neonerd
Originally posted by: brigden

:Q

i read "dad" as "dog" and i'm like wtf? your dog got fed up and phoned the pizza place? :p

Papa Johns: "Hello?"
Dog: "Bowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww"
Papa Johns: "Please hold"

KC5AV

Golden Member
Jul 26, 2002
The whole 30 minute guarantee went out the window a few years ago when a Domino's driver ran a red light, hit someone, and got the company sued for millions.

AnyMal

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
Does papajohns have a 30 minute rule?
Yes they do. If you don't pick up your pizza within 30 minutes everyone in the kitchen takes turn having their way with your pizza. Then they'll deliver it for free.

BentValve

Diamond Member
Dec 26, 2001
Papa John's messed up my last order ..I made them come back and give me a refund...they didnt even offer a consolation prize or anything for their error...that was a year ago.

I stick to Pizza Hut because they mess up about 1 in 5 orders which usually means a free pizza at the very least.

BentValve

Diamond Member
Dec 26, 2001
Originally posted by: FreshPrince
it's over an hour now... :(

I should've said I'll pick it up

When they get there be sure and tell them to shove that cold pizza up their ass.

Aves

Lifer
Feb 7, 2001
I know our local one doesn't. Hell when I order online the email states that it will be at least 45 minutes.

JustAnAverageGuy

Diamond Member
Aug 1, 2003
No.

Papa Johns takes 45-50 minutes if I order there

Dominos is always 25-30 minutes minutes.

Pizza Hut is around 40.

Dominos is the farthest of the three :confused:

Choralone

Dec 2, 1999
Originally posted by: JustAnAverageGuy
No.

Papa Johns takes 45-50 minutes if I order there

Dominos is always 25-30 minutes minutes.

Pizza Hut is around 40.

Dominos is the farthest of the three :confused:

That's because Domino's sucks. Or at least the one closest to me does. Their pizzas suck, they've screwed up my order 4 out of the 5 times I've ordered from them in the past couple of years and they took over 2 hours to deliver on the one time they did get the order right after telling me it would be around 45 minutes. :disgust: I'm guessing the one near you must not be busy cause I know the one near me isn't!

However, Papa John's and Pizza Hut both rock. It comes down more to what I'm in the mood for when it comes time to order. :)