Does oily skin gradually decrease over time?

dvdrdiscs

Oct 27, 2003
I know oily skins are a result of hereditary and hormones but I was wondering if it would gradually decrease as you get older?

Tetsuo

Lifer
Oct 20, 2002
Also dependant on what you eat, and how often you clean/wash/exfoliate/etc your skin

dvdrdiscs

Oct 27, 2003
Originally posted by: Tetsuo
Also dependant on what you eat, and how often you clean/wash/exfoliate/etc your skin

every medical site i've read so far said that diet has no effect on oily skin whatsoever. it's just a myth.

JC

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2000
A round of Accutane was the only thing that cut down my skin oil (to nothing, while on it). It gradually returned, but not quite as bad.

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
I used to have really oily skin when I was in jr.high/HS. I've since gradumated and the oily skin went away. Lesson learned? School is bad for your complexion.

Tetsuo

Lifer
Oct 20, 2002
Originally posted by: dvdrdiscs

every medical site i've read so far said that diet has no effect on oily skin whatsoever. it's just a myth.

Right, let's test that. Go eat McChucks everyday for breakfast, lunch and dinner for 2 months. Come back and post the results

dighn

Lifer
Aug 12, 2001

sure it does. if i eat a burger/fried food, i can definitely feel the grease on my face a few hours later.

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Originally posted by: dighn

sure it does. if i eat a burger/fried food, i can definitely feel the grease on my face a few hours later.

I can feel it too at times. Those studies must be commissioned by mcdonalds!

Aug 16, 2001
I know oily skins are a result of hereditary and hormones but I was wondering if it would gradually decrease as you get older?

Nope, just make you change it every 3000 miles.

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Acne will usually lessen over time, even with oily skin. You may not want oily skin when you're young but when you get older you'll appreciate having younger looking skin.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
its called astringent, go use some a couple times a day on a cotton ball or something. its in the face soap isle.

Sid59

Lifer
Sep 2, 2002

Right, let's test that. Go eat McChucks everyday for breakfast, lunch and dinner for 2 months. Come back and post the results

died by then. won't have to worry about oily skin. need a better example that wont kil lsomeone.