Does noone else play civ/smac like me?

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
I build cities/bases in the best places possible and just leave them on autobuild whilst i focused on diplomacy and expansion, when im attacked i then panic and rush build some military units to defend myself with which works 90% of the time.

This dosent work without a governor though and civ V dosent have a city govenor feature which ticks me off a bit but then i googled this and not many people seem to care lol. Makes me think im the only one who does this and everyone else meticulously micromanages everything. I thought civ V was meant to be simplified, whats more simplified than having the AI build stuff for you.

Does noone else play like me then? Like a noob i guess :D

paperfist

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
www.the-teh.com
I used to play a bit like that. Build in the best spot and expand hoping I didn't get attacked cause I had one warrior :) But I always micromanaged from the worker to what was being built.

Now though I try to get a decent military up and running other wise on upper levels you're toast if you don't ;)

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
No but I play Master of Orion like that.
If your planets are all efficient and productive you can quick built a nice fleet in one turn. If you spend too much on military strength you will cripple your economy and always be behind everyone else.

Maybe our government could learn from that.......
:hmm:

Imperium Galactica 2 doesnt work like that. No instant build. You can double the money spent to cut the time in half, but it still takes a while no matter what. If you leave a planet without sufficient star bases your are hosed. It will die before you can defend it.

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
Imperium galactica 2 was awesome! I always wanted the AI to attack one of my planets with 8 heavy starbases but it never would. Wish they would make imperium galactica 3 or something like it, jupiter incident dosent count. Govenor feature was pretty good, i used it on every planet except my sort of homeworld.

Bitter memories about my only multiplayer game with it though, my bunch of godan battleships got owned by some guy and his shinari cruisers with that ship manipulator crap or something :thumbsdown: Real men use antimatter ray and lose! :thumbsup:

AyashiKaibutsu

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2004
Every place is a best possible place when you plant forests everywhere and have hybrid farms ^.^

AyashiKaibutsu

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2004
I never got that far in Civ4.
When does it happen?

That's a SMAC thing. It's like mid-way down the build tech tree. I usually rush for it because it's so good. With hybrid farms, squares would give like 3/2/3 or something resources, which was crazy good.

Via

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2009
I never auto a city until the game is basically won.

Although Miriam was the character i detested the most, I usually had the most success playing her.

AyashiKaibutsu

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2004

Although Miriam was the character i detested the most, I usually had the most success playing her.

My best games were always with either the university or the peace people. I liked playing the cyborgs in the xpac too.

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004

Miriam - Pay me 25 energy credits
You - No
*DoW*

or

Miriam - Pay me 25 energy credits
You - Okay
3 turns later *DoW*

World class biatch, can be pretty fun to play as with the +25% offensive stat though.