does my GF3 suck or...

DrDavid

Jul 6, 2001

...is there something wrong with my new monitor (samsung syncmaster 1200nf)? yes , i know the GF3 might not have the best 2d quality, but i was expecting more from my upgrade from my old Dell D990. the screen is blurry in some places and if i change the focus to correct that other parts of the screen gets blurry...:(...i have tried pretty much everything; changing the screen size/zoom/resolution etc. and no matter how i setup the contrast/brightness the screen still looks kinda dark and almost like a shadow mask monitor...

i have also tried with my old Matrox g400 max DH and compared the two monitors side-by-side and i still would pick my old dell

is this monitor a dud or was i expecting too much?

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000

<< the screen is blurry in some places and if i change the focus to correct that other parts of the screen gets blurry. >>

Sounds like the monitor to me infact I had the same problem with my LG even when I dropped it down to lower resolution the parts were still blurry ,so I had it RMA`ed back and my new replacement is so much sharper even with the same GF2 card.

I presume you tried the usual things like deguass and make sure nothing magnetic is close to the monitor etc so RMA it.

DrDavid

Jul 6, 2001

hmm... ok... well considering how poor the quality is compared to the dell it have to be something wrong with it.

does anyone have any experience with this monitor (the samsung 1200nf)?