Does my Friend have a case?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Safeway

Lifer
Jun 22, 2004
So he installed the speaker and the amp himself? I have never understood why people think car audio is all fun and games. Wattage, amps, resistance, series vs parallel, it is electricity! You can fuck your shit up.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Yesterday night his car started smoking, and his trunk caught on fire, his back Leather Chairs are all burnt where circuit city worked.

:laugh:

Sorry for your friend's loss though, hope he gets that fixed up.

Gunslinger08

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Izusaga
Is your friend currently residing in America and not a member of the US Military attempting to file vs. the government?

If your answer to the above is yes, then your friend has a legal case in the US. I didn't even read the OP, we're simply the poster country for retarded legal system/lawsuits.

Sounds like you're the poster child for retarded ATOTers.

Safeway

Lifer
Jun 22, 2004
Originally posted by: joshsquall
Is your friend currently residing in America and not a member of the US Military attempting to file vs. the government?

If your answer to the above is yes, then your friend has a legal case in the US. I didn't even read the OP, we're simply the poster country for retarded legal system/lawsuits.

:thumbsup:

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
While CC did an improper installation, your friend was negligent in not taking care of it.

In court, it would probably be played out due to lack of action your friend probably attempted to repair this himself.

Black88GTA

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2003
It sounds like they may have installed a power wire without fusing it. BIG NO NO. IN the event of a short to ground, that wire will heat up and burn off the insulation in a matter of only a couple minutes without proper fusing in place. After the insulation is all burned / melted off, that super-hot, thick wire will start burning everything it comes in contact with.

Has he messed with the wiring at all? If he can have someone who knows what they are looking for look over all of the crispy shit and find an unfused power cable, they can probably show neglect on CCs part and he'd be more likely to have some sort of legal recourse. 3 months is a long time to wait though...

/IANAL
//I might be FOS :D

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
If he has proper insurance they would probably take care of suing dealer and CC, but if he doesn't have comprehensive he prob has to retain a lawyer.

Saga

Banned
Feb 18, 2005
Originally posted by: joshsquall

Apparently sarcasm is lost on you.

Not that I'm really surprised.

Injury

Lifer
Jul 19, 2004
Originally posted by: pontifex
I'm trying to figure out why someone would pay for something (car stereos and installations aren't cheap), it doesn't work, and then he/she completely ignores it. Maybe it's just me, but I don't have money to throw away like that.

The usual conclusion is that something they did will be brought in to question and he will be outed as a pedophile or something.

funkymatt

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2005
are you sure it wasn't the fault of the VW's stock electrical system? it's pretty bad to start with.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Originally posted by: funkymatt
are you sure it wasn't the fault of the VW's stock electrical system? it's pretty bad to start with.

maybe in the 70's and 80's

MotionMan

Lifer
Jan 11, 2006
I am required to post in all threads that ask legal questions. However, I am too tired to give any advice at the moment. I may give some advice later.

But, then again, maybe I won't.

MotionMan, Esq.