Does Dotster keeps domains when they expire?

kag

Golden Member
May 21, 2001
www.boloxe.com
I have a domain that expires in 5 days, and I can't transfer it on GoDaddy because it says it cannot transfer names expiring in less than 10 days.

Now maybe I would take the risk of letting it expire and register it with GoDaddy right away.

I don't feel like spending 23$ CAD for a domain with Dotster when I can spend 12$ CAD with GoDaddy.

Do you know what is Dotster usually doing with expiring domains... keeping them to resell them, or just leaving them disapear?

Oct 9, 1999
good question cause i got 2 domains expiring in 4 days.. i got to renew.. but i dont have money to do so as yet.. will get that money tommorow.. :)

kag

Golden Member
May 21, 2001
www.boloxe.com
I emailed GoDaddy to see if there's a workaround to transfer it... I'd be happy

When you transfer it to them, it costs 7.75 I think and they give you a one-year extention.

Since my domain expires in 4 days, it's basicly 7.75 for the next year.

numark

Golden Member
Sep 17, 2002
I let my domain registered with Dotster expire, and to this day it's still available. I guess that means that they don't hold onto them.

kag

Golden Member
May 21, 2001
www.boloxe.com
Thank you for your email. Unfortunatly, since the transfer process takes about 10 days to complete there is not enough time for your domain to transfer. Once the domain name expires, the only way to move the domain name to Go Daddy without risking its loss to another party is to register it again through your current Registrar. Recently expired domain names are sometimes placed in a ?lock? or ?hold? status by the Registry for 45 days, during this time period the domain name cannot be transferred. Contact your current Registrar for more information about ?unlocking? your domain name.

dabuddha

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
is the domain is that important to you then i'd reregister it with dotster. It's only 11 bucks difference (canadian dollars at that!)

kag

Golden Member
May 21, 2001
www.boloxe.com
well I got tired of having to spell the domain whenever I'd give the address to someone (yeepie.com), this is why I want to change it.

But at the same time, I've got so many accounts linked to an email address on that domain that I'm not sure what to do anymore.