Does Circuit City suck?

Sluggo

Lifer
Jun 12, 2000
Circuit City buyout offer

Didnt see it in this story but the story in my paper claimed that CC has about 750 million in cash laying around, which makes them really attractive for a buy-out.

Circuit City Stores Inc. received a $3.25 billion cash acquisition offer from Highfields Capital Management L.P., its fifth largest shareholder..

Circuit City posted a net loss for three straight quarters while No. 1 Best Buy Co.'s profit jumped 75 percent during that period. Circuit City is trying to win customers by remodeling stores and relocating or adding as many as 40 locations next fiscal year.

I would have thought (although I never checked into it) that CC and BB were almost on equal footing. The prices seem almost a match, do you prefer BB over CC?

aplefka

Lifer
Feb 29, 2004
I've applied at both places recently, so whichever I get hired at is the better store :)

LtPage1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2004
BB is awful. CC is exactly the same, only they had a hard drive tester :))), and there is NEVER anyone in there.

EarthwormJim

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2003
Originally posted by: aplefka
I've applied at both places recently, so whichever I get hired at is the better store :)

You really want Circuit City. They typically pay better, and the sales people don't have to do janitorial work like us drones at Best Buy. Plus Circuit City is never busy so you won't have to help out too many customers (believe me that's a good thing).

aplefka

Lifer
Feb 29, 2004
Originally posted by: EarthwormJim
Originally posted by: aplefka

You really want Circuit City. They typically pay better, and the sales people don't have to do janitorial work like us drones at Best Buy. Plus Circuit City is never busy so you won't have to help out too many customers (believe me that's a good thing).

Yeah, I'm kinda hoping I get picked up there because last October when I bought my camera from there, I got into a long conversation with the sales associate. A few days later I went back to buy a SD stick, talked to him for a bit again. Both times he told me if time allowed, that I should apply. He was the first/only person that I've ever really felt like he knew what he was talking about. This applies to BB, Frys, CC, anywhere of that nature.

Two months later my dad went back and he's in a manager position now. I doubt he'll remember me but it's worth a shot.