Does bush still want osama dead or alive?

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Bush in 2001
"I don't care, dead or alive ? either way," Bush said. "It doesn't matter to me."

6 months later
Q But don't you believe that the threat that bin Laden posed won't truly be eliminated until he is found either dead or alive?

THE PRESIDENT: Well, as I say, we haven't heard much from him. And I wouldn't necessarily say he's at the center of any command structure. And, again, I don't know where he is. I -- I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him. I know he is on the run. I was concerned about him, when he had taken over a country. I was concerned about the fact that he was basically running Afghanistan and calling the shots for the Taliban.

But once we set out the policy and started executing the plan, he became -- we shoved him out more and more on the margins. He has no place to train his al Qaeda killers anymore.

Tab

Lifer
Sep 15, 2002
Yes, our good old goverment wasn't good enough to find 11 Arabs already linked to terrorism on our home land. However, we must be able to find OBL amoung several other million arabs in a 800,000 Sq Km ranging from huge dry deserts to vast mountainous ranges...

I've had enough for today...

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Tabb
Yes, our good old goverment wasn't good enough to find 11 Arabs already linked to terrorism on our home land. However, we must be able to find OBL amoung several other million arabs in a 800,000 Sq Km ranging from huge dry deserts to vast mountainous ranges...

we found Saddam, didn't we?

Tab

Lifer
Sep 15, 2002
Originally posted by: lozina

We invaded the entire country didnt we?

paulandreas

Banned
May 17, 2004

yeah it took nine months in an urban area, the farm had been searched a few times, a better disguised hideout would have helped and a second chamber or escape tunnel would have been even better than that.

i guess bush's take is obl is a bit like ho chi minh. neither fight on the battle field, so how important can they be to the effort? pretty similar to his business experiences.

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002

we didnt invade afghanistan?

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Originally posted by: nick1985

we didnt invade afghanistan?

No.

Went launched some missiles, dropped some bombs, let the Northern Alliance do most of the work and then, five months later, we sent in less than 10,000 troops.