Does Best Buy Price Match?

spaceman

Lifer
Dec 4, 2000
i dont have one locally,but im going to one this weekend...was wondering if they price match?

DougyDanger

Dec 7, 2001
Hmmm, lets see. Does BestBuy (bestbuy.com) have a price match policy?

Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life. ;)

DougyDanger

Dec 7, 2001
From Best Buy web site:
In-Store Price Guarantee
If, within 30 days (14 days for computers, monitors, printers and notebooks,
camcorders, digital cameras and radar detectors) of your purchase from Best Buy,
you find a local competitor offering a lower price on an available product of the
same brand and model, we'll refund the difference plus another 10% of the
difference. Bring us verification of the lower price, plus your original Best Buy
receipt to claim your refund. Does not apply to special, bonus or free offers, and
in California cellular phones and pagers. Does not apply to products with special
financing offers. For complete price guarantee details, please see a customer
service representative. We reserve the right to limit quantities. See store for
complete details.

Two different policies, on-line vs in store. If its not local (30 or so miles) they probably won't PM. I got them to do a place over 50 miles away (JandR in NYC) but only because the salesman mistakenly told me they would. Ordinarily they don't PM websites or places that are not 'local'. And since they don't list whats local the manager can deny some distant stores from the policy.

Lalakai

Golden Member
Nov 30, 1999
also, if you are in the store and bring a competitor's ad, the salesperson will call the competitor to verify that the item is not a close-out/open-box/refurbished and that they actually stock the item (versus having only 1-2 per store as an "enticer"); if the ad is legitimate, then they will price match.