Does autobill pay make it easier to have a good credit rating?

Accipiter22

Banned
Feb 11, 2005
With the advent of autobill pay from utilities is it easier now to have a good credit rating? I've wondered about this frequently...

jagec

Lifer
Apr 30, 2004
I'd say yes. With auto bill pay, and auto-payment set up on your credit cards, you only have to worry if you lose your job or accidentally overdraw your bank account (which would only happen if you REALLY lost track of how much you were putting on the cards.) Add overdraft protection, and you have multiple layers of buffers against ever making a late payment.

FP

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2005
Your credit cards offer auto-payment through the card's website?

Or are you saying you have your bank's bill pay system set up to autopay a fixed amount to your credit card each month?

cKGunslinger

Lifer
Nov 29, 1999
Originally posted by: binister
Your credit cards offer auto-payment through the card's website?

Or are you saying you have your bank's bill pay system set up to autopay a fixed amount to your credit card each month?

Or you have all you bills auto-pay themselves from your CC, then you only have to remember to make one manual payment a month..

Fullmetal Chocobo

Moderator<br>Distributed Computing
May 13, 2003
I think that it makes it easier if you have the money in the first place. If you don't have the money to make a payment, then nothing is going to change that.