does anyone work at compusa? I GOT THE JOB :D

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Aug 16, 2001
Originally posted by: caitlion
Originally posted by: FrustratedUser
i should soon be a full-time cashier there.. (yay?) ... IF i passed my drug test :*(

has anyone worked there? is it an ok place to work? it definitely seems to be a step up from jc penney hehe... a little bit of a wage increase... more hours... NO MORE FOLDING CLOTHES!!! :p

(sorry if you find this thread pointless, im extremely bored at school)

UPDATE: i got the job :D :D now i just need to give my two weeks at my current job.. is it rude to do it over the phone? :X im scared of my boss!

I'll come to your store and ask for the best deals!
:D

but how do you know which store i work at?!

fvck.. theres only one store in tucson huh?

LOL! :p

Edit:
Stop sweating. You can strike me off your 'Internet-stalker list'.
Congrats to your new job.

caitlion

Golden Member
Sep 25, 2003
Originally posted by: FrustratedUser
LOL! :p

Edit:
Stop sweating. You can strike me off your 'Internet-stalker list'.
Congrats to your new job.

hehe, thanks :D i hope it will be a good thing. im always scared to change jobs.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Heh, if it's the one off of Stones I'll have to swing by and pay for a $200 hard drive in quarters, dimes, and nickels and give you grief.

:p

Descartes

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Congrats!

Originally posted by: Balt
Originally posted by: MustISO
I'm guessing you'll have the longest line :)

theres actually a lot of girls that work there :p

Which store? :D

(kidding) :p

CompUSA should just hire women as their salespeople. They'd be more likely to persuade the sex-starved nerds, and probably not any more incompetent than the people they already have doing sales at most stores.

After all, it works for Hooters.

How many nerds do you know that buy their computers from CompUSA? :)

SethK28

Golden Member
Feb 19, 2003
Originally posted by: Walleye
god i hope i passed my drug test.

was it a urine test? if so, then as long as you hadnt done anything in the past like 48 hours, then no problem.

if it was a hair test, then you = screwed. :)

WRONG, marijuana stays in your system and is detectable via a urine test for up to 30 days after you last smoked it, not to mention cocaine, ecstasy and virtually any other drug.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
No no no ... you're going about this all wrong. You should look for a job at a place that earns you tips / commission. Then you can do that boob job you wanted and watch it payoff... ;)

Oh BTW congrats.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000

UPDATE: i got the job :D :D now i just need to give my two weeks at my current job.. is it rude to do it over the phone? :X im scared of my boss!

Just type up a letter stating the you are resigning your position and your last day will be on such-such date.

You can either place it in an inter-office envelope or give it the the HR office for your store. Handing it to the HR is better from my perspective.

caitlion

Golden Member
Sep 25, 2003
Originally posted by: vi_edit
Heh, if it's the one off of Stones I'll have to swing by and pay for a $200 hard drive in quarters, dimes, and nickels and give you grief.

:p

no its the uh... other.. one.

caitlion

Golden Member
Sep 25, 2003
Originally posted by: SethK28
Originally posted by: Walleye
god i hope i passed my drug test.

was it a urine test? if so, then as long as you hadnt done anything in the past like 48 hours, then no problem.

if it was a hair test, then you = screwed. :)

WRONG, marijuana stays in your system and is detectable via a urine test for up to 30 days after you last smoked it, not to mention cocaine, ecstasy and virtually any other drug.

i still passed :p

rmrf

Platinum Member
May 14, 2003
Originally posted by: Descartes
Congrats!
Originally posted by: MustISO I'm guessing you'll have the longest line :)
Which store? :D (kidding) :p CompUSA should just hire women as their salespeople. They'd be more likely to persuade the sex-starved nerds, and probably not any more incompetent than the people they already have doing sales at most stores. After all, it works for Hooters.
How many nerds do you know that buy their computers from CompUSA? :)

Exactly, I personally will only go into crap usa if I absolutely have to. especially since I am not only a geek, but a tightwad geek at that ;) The Hot Deals forum is my friend.

congrats on the job though. when I was in school and didn't have a "real" job, I worked at dominos. this pretty much wrecked my previous car, but I mad ok money. good luck.

Cerb

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2000
Originally posted by: MustISO
I'm guessing you'll have the longest line :)

Which store? :D

(kidding) :p

CompUSA should just hire women as their salespeople. They'd be more likely to persuade the sex-starved nerds, and probably not any more incompetent than the people they already have doing sales at most stores.

After all, it works for Hooters.
Yeah, but Hooters doesn't have unbeatable competition like Newegg :D

phreakah

Platinum Member
Feb 9, 2002
I used to work there.. I worked in receiving in the warehouse.. it was a great job, cause i never had to go out on the sales floor while the store was open. Also, work started for us at 7am, and the store didnt even open until 10am, so we had 3 hours without worry...

Also, make sure you become friends with the warehouse crew!! By doing so, you'll be able to score on LOTS of field destroys. I'd say at least every 2 weeks your RMA clerk will have some field destroys that you can potentially take for free. Video cards, cables, sound cards, sometimes even hard drives or entire systems...

Overall, i really enjoyed working at CompUSA.. the company policies kinda suck, and you're always gonna have these visits from corporate.. those days always suck, but where i was at (so cal), everyone got along pretty well and there were a lot of nice people working there.