Does anyone still play tribes 2?

• Thread starter Deleted member 4644
  • Start date

ThaGrandCow

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
I installed it on a whim a fwe weeks ago. I was pwning everyone on the servers I was jumping into, hundreds of points in front of everyone else that was playing. Then I noticed the # in ( )'s that said how many humans were actually in the game. None. On any of the servers I could see. So much for that game

D

Deleted member 4644

ROFL...........!!!!!!!!!

Sad.... how great games fall so hard :(

bpctech

Sep 6, 2001
i used to play that game so much about 2 years ago, it was really fun.

as grandcow said, i doubt many players still play online. I saw some screenshots for the next one a while back, I remember they looked pretty impressive.

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
I just reinstalled it. If anyone wants to get owned hard core, let me know.

Oakenfold

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
It's really too bad the Dev team got canned by Sierra, the mods just didn't do it for me.
Tribes would definetley be what I consider to be my first 30+ person game? Tribes 2 expanded to what 60+?
That was a long time ago so forgive me if my memory is a bit off.

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Oakenfold
It's really too bad the Dev team got canned by Sierra, the mods just didn't do it for me.
Tribes would definetley be what I consider to be my first 30+ person game? Tribes 2 expanded to what 60+?
That was a long time ago so forgive me if my memory is a bit off.

255 players max. Most servers are 32.

CrazyHelloDeli

Platinum Member
Jun 24, 2001
Dynamix botched Tribes 2 from the beginning with its nerfing of skiing. Regardless of the original vision Dynamix had for Tribes, skiing was and is an intrical part of the game, intended or not. Dynamix didnt realize that in nerfing a core aspect of what made the first one great thay alienated the gamers from the first. That and the fact that not a single person could get the game to run properly the first few months out:)

Cerb

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2000
Originally posted by: HelloDeli
Dynamix botched Tribes 2 from the beginning with its nerfing of skiing. Regardless of the original vision Dynamix had for Tribes, skiing was and is an intrical part of the game, intended or not. Dynamix didnt realize that in nerfing a core aspect of what made the first one great thay alienated the gamers from the first. That and the fact that not a single person could get the game to run properly the first few months out:)
Er...no. More like it got choppy in combat even on fast machines (for no good reason) and liked to crash. Then, just as it was getting stable, the team working on it got screwed by Sierra. It then just kinda...fell for a few months, and that was it.