Does anyone still play Magic: The Gathering?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sao123

Lifer
May 27, 2002
Originally posted by: CasioTech
You don't have a dime to pay me. What third party? Your mommy? When I post them on ebay, i'll let you know. Until then I enjoy their constant appreciation. I have another 6 cards almost as rare from the first edition. Keep fawning kid.

shens... no one calls it "first edition"

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Originally posted by: sao123
You don't have a dime to pay me. What third party? Your mommy? When I post them on ebay, i'll let you know. Until then I enjoy their constant appreciation. I have another 6 cards almost as rare from the first edition. Keep fawning kid.
Shizzle. The guy is full of crapola.
Its already been referred to as "Alpha" a couple times in the thread, so he's not even smart enough to read before he lies.

May 16, 2000
OMG so funny you posted this right now. A friend just bought a hobby shop so he's getting back in and dragging me with him. I pulled out my cards (about 25k of them from Alpha to just before 5th) and realized I was behind the times so I grabbed a 15k card collection (expansions from 5th on) on ebay to catch myself up. So far I'm not a big fan of the newer stuff. Some great cards out there, but the game lost its flavor and balance (IMO).

Now that the bug has got me I ordered a few sealed boxes so I can experience the giddyness of sealed deck tournaments again (ala revised, 4th, ice age, etc). I really think the turning point was around Ice Age when they started messing around with new abilities, etc. Nothing beats 4th and before for pure Magic excellence.

CasioTech

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2000
Originally posted by: shortylickens
Its already been referred to as "Alpha" a couple times in the thread, so he's not even smart enough to read before he lies.

sorry to disappoint you nerds that still play this shitty game but I will refer to it as I wish and first edition is totally acceptable. I forget I hold the Angelina Jolie of playing cards right here. And not one, but TWO!! A card that you would choose over Adriana Lima or a similar beauty. But you wouldn't know anything about pleasing a woman, would you?

sao123

Lifer
May 27, 2002

sorry to disappoint you nerds that still play this shitty game but I will refer to it as I wish and first edition is totally acceptable. I forget I hold the Angelina Jolie of playing cards right here. And not one, but TWO!! A card that you would choose over Adriana Lima or a similar beauty. But you wouldn't know anything about pleasing a woman, would you?

You're so pathetic, you couldn't identify a vagina in a police line-up... if i showed you a screwdriver, a toaster, a pussy, and a grapefruit, and asked you to find the female sex organ, you'd be stupefied...

manowar821

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2007
I still play. I don't buy new cards, though, so I have card up to the exodus series.

MTG is great.

CasioTech

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2000

You're so pathetic, you couldn't identify a vagina in a police line-up... if i showed you a screwdriver, a toaster, a pussy, and a grapefruit, and asked you to find the female sex organ, you'd be stupefied...

OMFG jesus kids are getting dumber and dumber these days. Nice rebuttal.