Does anyone see vertical lines on PF790?

Mucman

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
I know the PF790 has the horizontal wires visible but all of the sudden I see two ~2.5 inches from the left side... I see two wires that are about a cm apart.

iq80

Mar 25, 2002
hi mucman- i have a pf790 that's about 2 years old and i am not seeing the lines you asked about.

edblor

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2000
That certainly is not "normal" I think it is dying:(

Here's a nice story though about Viewsonic monitors:

My bud bought a new one (P815) about 3 years ago, last week it started to die. He called Viewsonic and they told him it was under warranty. He rejoiced!! We brought it to Viewsonic tech support here in Canada (not far from my house) and they took it to be examined.

This week, he is told that it is not repairable. He picked up his brand new 22" P225F yesterday. He rejoiced once again!! In other words, major major upgrade for nothing:Q

I hope yours is still under warranty;)

G/L,

Edblor

Mucman

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Ack! So this would be something I deal with Viewsonic about, not the store that I purchased the monitor from? I think mine is around 2.5 years old right now.

It's weird! The two horizontal lines never bother me, but these vertical ones are driving me batty :)

jiffylube1024

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Originally posted by: Mucman
Ack! So this would be something I deal with Viewsonic about, not the store that I purchased the monitor from? I think mine is around 2.5 years old right now.

It's weird! The two horizontal lines never bother me, but these vertical ones are driving me batty :)

Yup, definately Viewsonic and not the store, unless you bought an extended warranty from them (who buys those anyways?)

jiffylube1024

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Originally posted by: edblor
That certainly is not "normal" I think it is dying:(

Here's a nice story though about Viewsonic monitors:

My bud bought a new one (P815) about 3 years ago, last week it started to die. He called Viewsonic and they told him it was under warranty. He rejoiced!! We brought it to Viewsonic tech support here in Canada (not far from my house) and they took it to be examined.

This week, he is told that it is not repairable. He picked up his brand new 22" P225F yesterday. He rejoiced once again!! In other words, major major upgrade for nothing:Q

I hope yours is still under warranty;)

G/L,

Edblor

sweet! I have a Viewsonic G790 that is still running like a dream, and it's over 5 years old with heavy daily usage. No more warranty from them since it's over 3, but it's been so good, it's almost worth what I paid for it (heh, I got it right when the 19" monitors came out).