Does anyone remember this car, The Vector

dogbite

Banned
Jan 3, 2000
If I remember right it was made out on the west coast and it was a animal, Do they still make it and is there a web page about it...............

trmiv

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Those were pretty cool. The design of the cars was influenced by airplanes. They were produced in very limited numbers.

Farbio

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2000
oh yea, the vector was a great concept, i know it has been bought out many many times, as for who the current owner is, i don't know if anyone really knows, its been bought so often.

Soulflare

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2000
Vector cars are just plain tacky featuring just about
every exotic car design cliche from the 80's. If they hadn't
been included in GT2, I don't think anyone would have
remembered them. Any Italian exotic would put any Vector to
shame in both performance and style.

BiB

Banned
Jul 14, 2000
I remember these. I thought they were made by NASA and had a life-time warranty. I also seem to remember them being automatics and still fast as crap. Not sure tho... OMFG are they ever stupid looking. Cheap knock-off.

DaBoneHead

Sep 1, 2000
At one time, the Vector had the 'street-legal' title of being the fastest car on earth...

I cant remember its top speed, but it was significantly faster than the 'ghinis or ferarris.

Today, their design just looks a bit dated compared to other modern cars.

Hell, I wouldn't turn down one if I was offered :p

Demon-Xanth

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
There was the W-8 which was a turbocharged 6L chevrolet based car w/ a 3 speed auto, then there was a lamborgini V12 based one designed after the prancing bull bought them out.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Only the M12? They all look like Lamorghini rips. That first pic looks like a Countach, and the second is pretty obviously a Diablo.

lowtech1

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2000
It looks like a bunch of rich high school boys that took what they scribbled on the back of their binders and make it into the hideous toy that they called Vector.

All Vectors are ugly because the designers don?t have any sense of esthetic. Saab 99 & 900 are cars that was base on fighter jets and they look awesome compare to them hideous Vectors. Saab was design for stability, where the repulsive Vectors look nor stability was considered. Saab engine are angled to alow for a low hood, so the driver could see the road with out glare, while the Vector have very little frontal and 8x11in side & rear windows for viewing. Driving in a Vector is like driving in a tunnel, and reversing in to a parking space will take every nerve in your body and you six senses to do it.

Vector is a poor excuse for a car and to make the claim that its was designed after airplane is way out of line for them self promoting designer clowns.

HoopDogg

Banned
May 30, 2000
Oh my god the vector rocks

I saw this documentary on TV on it, let some dumb bit(h drive it, had no idea wtf she was talking about or how to drive standard. The guy got into it and went nutz!!

I've never seen anyone put so much force into shifting as he did. I busted a chub just watching the car fly down the road! I swear he was gonna bend that stick........

You can search for kick ass pics at this page:

SuperCars.Net

Luke

HoopDogg

Banned
May 30, 2000
Oh, BTW, the only problem with the car (hehe) is the instability and wind noise at top speeds (little over 200mph, around the area of a Diablo VT6, but less)

Also, they use Lambo engines in some models, and the body is designed in the states. Also heard of control problems with steering........?

Luke