Does anyone know what this is on my desktop?

Injury

Lifer
Jul 19, 2004
Did you try going through and randomly killing processes to see if it goes away?

wrong forum, perhaps.

JackBurton

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Did you update your ATi video drivers lately? If so, disable the ATi tray icon. That should take care of it.

Flammable

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2007
Originally posted by: JackBurton
Did you update your ATi video drivers lately? If so, disable the ATi tray icon. That should take care of it.

It looks like it was the ATI Tray icon..thank you very much it hought it was a virus or something...

JackBurton

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Originally posted by: Flammable
Originally posted by: JackBurton

It looks like it was the ATI Tray icon..thank you very much it hought it was a virus or something...

No problem man.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
You sure keep alot of junk on your desktop. Is your house that messy too? ;)

Injury

Lifer
Jul 19, 2004
Originally posted by: xeemzor
Originally posted by: compuwiz1
You sure keep alot of junk on your desktop.

The best desktop is one without any icons or folders on it.

Why? That kinda defeats the purpose. I mean, I hate a desktop with crap all over it, but minimalist desktops just don't seem as effective.

xeemzor

Platinum Member
Mar 27, 2005
Originally posted by: Injury

Why? That kinda defeats the purpose. I mean, I hate a desktop with crap all over it, but minimalist desktops just don't seem as effective.

I use quicksilver and it's Linux equivalents to launch applications pretty much exclusively. If I need to do any file management, it's via the command line.

krotchy

Golden Member
Mar 29, 2006

I use quicksilver and it's Linux equivalents to launch applications pretty much exclusively. If I need to do any file management, it's via the command line.

congratulations, want a cookie?

I never understood why people feel they are so much better than other people because they do things via command line instead of drag and drop.

xeemzor

Platinum Member
Mar 27, 2005
Originally posted by: krotchy

congratulations, want a cookie?

I never understood why people feel they are so much better than other people because they do things via command line instead of drag and drop.

Obviously, you misread my post. I was just answering Injury's questing and couldn't care less how other people use their own computers.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I believe it is grass.

Edit: Just noticing the icons. Do you ever do anything productive with your computer?