Does anyone know what the video card is in this machine (photo)?

estes53

May 9, 2018
c5281d9d-0426-4679-9404-059d8ec6e1be.jpg

TheELF

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2012
This is where it should be if that's what you are asking,it's kinda hard to tell if there is a card there or not.
ZtbpNci.jpg

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011

There's not really any way to tell by looking at the back. I'd say it's something custom because the machine is modern (USB3 ports) yet a modern low-profile graphics card tends to use up two plates on the back rather than one (partly due to the size of the heatsink and partly to provide extra / basic output ports: VGA/HDMI/DVI, maybe displayport). Theoretically the low-profile cards I've sold customers could have just used one backing plate if I unplugged the VGA port cable and dumped the second low-profile plate, but most of the time if a customer has a low-profile PC like this, they need VGA.

I'd say you're better off looking at the chassis in general, get a brand and model number then look for variants of that model with a graphics card. Or just open the chassis, pull out the card and get a few IDs off it.

estes53

May 9, 2018
I am considering buying that machine, am having no luck getting info out of the seller and need to know if it will support 3 monitors. All I have are photos. Can replace the card if I have to, but then the deal is not sweet anymore.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
In that case you want to absolutely verify that the card will do what you want it to. If the machine is a big-name label, then there's a not-unreasonable chance that the graphics card is custom in design, so for example it's possible to find "Intel HD Graphics" implementations that do not confirm to the standard specs.

Also, given that the computer is a Small Form Factor design including a likely weenie-sized PSU, it's even more plausible that the graphics card may not be exactly what you might expect from the de facto standard for the GPU in question.

Squinting at that image, it looks to me like one DVI port and two HDMI ports. Based on that I think it's not unreasonable to guess that it will support multiple monitors. Whether it will do three though is a guess too far IMO.

dlerious

Golden Member
Mar 4, 2004
I am considering buying that machine, am having no luck getting info out of the seller and need to know if it will support 3 monitors. All I have are photos. Can replace the card if I have to, but then the deal is not sweet anymore.
If I'm buying, I want photos - not stock photos, but pictures of the components inside to get a better idea of what I'm actually getting.