Solved! Does Anyone Know Of A 5.25" Bay Brush Kit (For Cable Management/Passthrough)?

Jan 13, 2022
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could provide me a link to a 5.25" drive bay brush kit.

Brush kits are usually used in the audio world to pass cables back and forth within a patch bay (which is useful for cable management):

Brush Kit.png

I have an extra 5.25" bay on a system I'm building out for my company, and it would be useful to have something like a brush kit (rather than just leaving the 5.25" bay open), to pass some cables into the system.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Nelson

Solution
I'm not aware of any specifically made for a 5.25 inch bay but maybe you can adapt something like this?

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Why not just cover the 5 1/4 bay or possibly throw in a USB hub.

I do not think you would want cables to go out from the front of the PC.
But if your absolutely insistant... they have bay things like this:

You can remove the easy access panel and possibly put a sponge in there to put pressure on the cables as your route though it.
But it would look terribly ugly...

I would rather get a USB hub or a multi SD card reader of some sort in that blank spot.

In2Photos

Golden Member
Mar 21, 2007
I'm not aware of any specifically made for a 5.25 inch bay but maybe you can adapt something like this?

Solution
Jan 13, 2022

Hello In2Photos,

I was planning something like that, but later found out that the system builder can 3D print their own 5.25" bays.

With that, I was able to get a 5.25" bay with:

2x BNC passthrough holes
2x HDMI ports
4x USB 2.0 ports
1x USB Type C ports

So thankfully, problem is solved.

Regards,
Nelson

Jan 13, 2022
Why not just cover the 5 1/4 bay or possibly throw in a USB hub.

I do not think you would want cables to go out from the front of the PC.
But if your absolutely insistant... they have bay things like this:

You can remove the easy access panel and possibly put a sponge in there to put pressure on the cables as your route though it.
But it would look terribly ugly...

I would rather get a USB hub or a multi SD card reader of some sort in that blank spot.

AigoMorla,

I was looking at doing what you mentioned as well, but rather than use a sponge, looking at a brush kit.

That said, the issue was resolved with the system builder 3D printing out a 5.25" bay with the necessary ports (which is extremely cool).

Thank you,
Nelson