Does anyone here understand the vDroop pencil mod for P5B Deluxe?

The Sauce

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 1999
I have been searching for this trick because I hear that it works well. I see the resistor in the pictures but they don't ever say exactly what you are supposed to do to it. They just show it shorted and connected to something - I presume a rheostat...no one ever says. Do you have to short it and measure resistances? Anyone know?

gramboh

Platinum Member
May 3, 2003
Care you post a link? I may need to do this when I build my PC sometime in the next few weeks, thanks.

The Sauce

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 1999
Do a google search for P5B vDroop mod. You will find pictures showing the correct resistor You will need a multitester - i got mine from radioshack. Set it to resistance and check the resistance across that resistor. Then you pencil across the resistor and test until you have a resistance of roughly 28-50. Alternately you could solder a variable resistor on the board but I am not brave or skilled enough to do that.

PM me if you have more questions.

CloE

Mar 2, 2007
is that instruction on how to use multimeter? i brought one at home but don't know how to set it.

The Sauce

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 1999
You should read your instructions on how to use your multimeter. In order to do the mod you need to know the resistance across that resistor and you are trying to decreas it by penciling across the contacts.