Does anyone here listen to electronic music?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jan 9, 2002
I do- stuck on mainstream house and trance as well, but only because of availability. I'm not complaining though, I think it's great stuff! :)

I usually listen to Digitally Imported.com

eakers

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
also if you are looking up stuff on p2p networks try looking up marty mcfly, hes a local toronto breaks dj and ive found his mixes online before.

he rocks.

tweakmm

Lifer
May 28, 2001
Originally posted by: eakers
also if you are looking up stuff on p2p networks try looking up marty mcfly, hes a local toronto breaks dj and ive found his mixes online before.
next time I'm in Toronto I'll have to look around and see if he's spinning anywhere

Atrail

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2001
I like electronic music, but more than just Trance.

Everything But The Girl, Mandalay, Daft Punk, Pet Shop Boys, DJ Shadow, Depeche Mode, etc...
Chemical Brothers put down some great beats, Come With Us is a nice album.

yakko

Lifer
Apr 18, 2000
I listen to a lot of electronic/techno music. My preference is old school drum n bass/jungle from about late 91 up to 95.

zeon

Mar 20, 2001
Thomas Bangalter was/is stardust, as well as one member of daft punk... he's also put out alot of good stuff under his own name.

i'm somewhat of an electronica junky myself, i really rarely listen to anything else. it's not that i have limited tastes, i just like the progressive nature of the stuff coming out of the electronica scene. I'm really on a downbeat kick right now, listening to stuff like royksopp, wagon christ/luke vibert/, leftfield, plaid, tosca.... i've always had a soft spot for the french/filter house thing... stuff like cassius, bob sinclair, ian pooley (whos latest album isn't at all french house, but is super good), cassius, dimitri from paris, dj falcon, phats & small, daft punk of course, les jardiniers... all the usual suspects really... i like alot of other house stuff as well, no one really stands out in mind... oh, wait, underworlds new album is really good... not sure if its house though, sorta i guess....

i've gotten into breaks/dnb alot more in the past year, speficially guys like, hybrid, ltj bukem, adam f, high contrast, j majik (hospital records rules!), dieselboy (a god), decoder, photek (some of his stuff is alright), adam freeland (love that miami sound!), omni trio... mostly into like techstep, darkstep and some various big beat stuff... although i do really like the jazzy/mellow dnb sorta thing as well...

if anyones looking for anything new to check out i'd definatly recomend you check out the norwegian band royksopp, i dig them very much....

phatcow

Platinum Member
Nov 25, 2000
for my tastes, i like Harder Trance, cosmic gate is my hard trance pick. Its pretty dark but yet somewaht uplifting